Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I want Jetta out of this team...NAH, just kidding

Can't afford to lose him - best user of the ball in team and player most likely to find his way thru traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Apparently his contract is up at the end of this year and they haven't negotiated and extension yet, hence the rumours he wants back to WA.
    The title of this thread is starting to look very very silly isn't it?

I'm in no position of knowledge but I just get the feeling he will be leaving. Combination of a number of factors

* Married with a young family with both him and his partner from WA
    * Both the WA teams well and truly premiership contenders going forward
    * Goodesy leaving at season end
    * Ability to earn significantly more money and set him and his family up for life
    * The Swans needing some trade currency to pay for Mills and Dunkley and also the need to clear up some cap space

He is definitely worth a straight first round pick swap and potentially a pick ugrade.

If he feels it is best for him and his family I will wish him all the best provided we get fair value.

I hope he stays but I feel he has made the decision. It could also explain the extra steel he is showing this year - he has needed to arrest the dip in form the last couple of years to increase his value and I'd like to think he would want his parting season to us to be a good one.

I dont think he could get more money in WA. They have the same cap problems we have.

Them being top 2 makes him more likely to stay.

He looks happy to me young jets

I love watching Jetta's game and want him to stay.
    If he doesn't, I think a first round pick is a bit of a dream unless he dominates through the rest of the season...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I love watching Jetta's game and want him to stay.
    If he doesn't, I think a first round pick is a bit of a dream unless he dominates through the rest of the season...
    Yet Callum Mills is worth more than 2 first round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yet Callum Mills is worth more than 2 first round picks.
    Yeah, which is why the system is going to screw things up.
    Which club is going to take a chance on a player who is untried against the big boys when you have players like Jetta (and Hanners potentially) coming along.

Heeney is a bit of a freak in that he was a ready made player and slotted right in.
    All that will happen is that other clubs will pick the academy and father/son players early to force the club of choice to use an early pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I see Jetta as value as a first found pick, but I seriously doubt it will happen, and my Swans blinders may be on to some degree.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veteran Site Admin
    I skim read an article about Jetta in the Telegraph today while waiting for my morning coffee. It mentions that he's deep in negotiations with the Swans to extend his stay. It doesn't rule out him moving "home" and he is quoted as saying there is a lure, but that he is also very happy and settled in Sydney.

We'll need to wait to see how it plays out, but sounds encouraging for those of us who love watching Jetta and don't mind if he occasionally stands on the outside of a contest, or misses a tackle.

Goes up to 11
    I guess it would be remiss of his manager not to dangle the 'lure' of going home in his contract negotiations.

I hope (and expect that) he stays.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    That's good to hear!
    I don't think we will see the best of Jetta until our midfield are really firing...he isn't there to provide grunt and toughness, he's there to be the cream on top of our blue collar workers with his sublime skills and ability to break lines.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I skim read an article about Jetta in the Telegraph today while waiting for my morning coffee. It mentions that he's deep in negotiations with the Swans to extend his stay. It doesn't rule out him moving "home" and he is quoted as saying there is a lure, but that he is also very happy and settled in Sydney.

We'll need to wait to see how it plays out, but sounds encouraging for those of us who love watching Jetta and don't mind if he occasionally stands on the outside of a contest, or misses a tackle.
    yep, and I'm enjoying that a few more tackles are sticking with a little bit more mongrel and dare. Keep it up Jetts

I also love watching him play. And I think the physical side of game has improved, though is still a little sporadic.

Really hope he extends his contract with us.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast