Thread: Local Content

Local Content

One of the big challenges facing the Swans is to get their homegrown content up.

Now we don't have COLA the go home factor will be more of a risk so the best response to negate that is to have more Sydney or NSW boys in the squad. They won't stay for peanuts but they may accept small unders.

By my calculations we are at 24% at the moment with Keiren, Jarred, BJ, Bird, Heeney, Robbo, Hiscox, Davis and Harry being NSW boys.

It's probably an all time high but I reckon we need it even higher. I can see the pattern of last year, where three out of four draftees were Academy graduates being the norm with the odd free agent from interstate cherrypicked as required. I'd like to see us at 50% in five years and by 2025 have a 75% local content.

I would love to see a team with 10+ Sydney boys (plus a few country kids too) running around

Whaddayreckon?

Veteran Site Admin
    Rampe too, and Naismith and Foote on the rookie list (with Naismith currently a senior promoted rookie, taking AJ's spot on the list).

Goes up to 11
    Benny's a NSW boy too....

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I can see where you're coming from but the go home factor hasn't really affected us just yet. I think having a strong culture as well as on-field success is more important to retaining and attracting players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I can see where you're coming from but the go home factor hasn't really affected us just yet. I think having a strong culture as well as on-field success is more important to retaining and attracting players.
    Jolly was probably the last one. Yes dear.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yes dear.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon