Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: I want Jetta out of this team...NAH, just kidding

Agree with aguy we seam to play footy well in good conditions , but wet weather seems to do something to Jetta ,and others are AFL players so insulated that any change in to perfect conditions affect the team ? And i dont get to see many AFL games but Jetta with all his flaws is always to first out on game day practicing his passes and goal kicks , hes soft but its something he has to improve (.WORK IN PROCESS)

I actually think Jetta plays well in the wet. Clean hands, excellent at finding space and weaving through traffic, you rarely see him lose his feet.

People say "when the team is struggling Jetta goes missing". I actually think it's the complete opposite, which shows how important he is to our team. Take the Port game for example which most people thought was a great win. He was the player who kicked true and ensured we were rewarded on the scoreboard early for our defensive efforts.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Jetta's long and direct kicking is always useful in the wet
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Veteran Site Admin
    I went to a horrid wet game in Adelaide a few years ago, against the Crows, before the move to North Adelaide oval. It was a game the Swans were tipped to win comfortably but it pissed down with rain all day and continued during the game. Needless to say, we lost. Jets was by far our cleanest player in the conditions - the only one who played like he'd actually seen rain before.

Three weeks is a long time in football.

Just sayin'

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Three weeks is a long time in football.

Just sayin'
    Except that even when the comment was originally made, it was well off base too.

I really hope the Swans can persuade him to stay in Sydney. I understand the lure of home might be strong, but we're a much better side with him in it, and he's a far more rounded player than when he was thrilling us along the wing in 2012.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    A very important player in the team. If he gets 14 or15 disposals and a goal is a good game or sets up some goals thats great for the team.

There's a substantial proportion of us love it when he gets the ball, as we know very often something good is going t come out of it .

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    It seemed like Jetta worked really hard to get back and help out in our defensive 50 last night. Also chased as hard as I've seen him chase when he didn't have possession. Good to see his confidence returning because we are a much better team when he's finding the ball.

He's going really well again now. Back to his exciting best. I loved seeing him in there giving it to Jordan Lewis last night too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I really hope the Swans can persuade him to stay in Sydney. I understand the lure of home might be strong, but we're a much better side with him in it, and he's a far more rounded player than when he was thrilling us along the wing in 2012.
    Has there been any indication he wants to leave?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Has there been any indication he wants to leave?
    Apparently his contract is up at the end of this year and they haven't negotiated and extension yet, hence the rumours he wants back to WA.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast