Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

Veterans List
    In Goodes out HC Dud.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    None if no injuries although Heeney may benefit from a weeks rest of no football due to a battering first 4 rounds. The real issue we have is the ridiculous sub rule! Roosy amongst others have called for an immediate scrapping of the rule which would be the best thing the AFL has done in many years! But we know that won't happen.

With our line-up from last night the sub is the most difficult thing to decide as no matter who we went with we would have lost something valuable from our team. Case in point was Rohan's speed and pressure that was missing in the first half.

It is ridiculous that an AFL player has to sit there for mostly 3 qtrs before getting time on the ground.

Unfortunately we can't fit a best 22 into 21!
    It will happen, but wont come in until the 2016 season, together with a reduction of number of interchanges with my guess being that the number will be around 80.

Out heeney. In towers

I'd like to see Tippett & Pyke just change between ruck & FF. Both ruck ok. Both good contested marks (when in good form). Set shot at goal Tippett pretty good now, Pyke not bad when his confidence is up. Both tall (& won't get any shorter as the game goes on) making them a tough matchup. Either would benefit from the presence of Buddy, who would require attention.
    I think they are essentially interchangable & ensure a fresh ruckman & a constant tall forward target who will take a KP defender. If Tippett/Pyke aren't kicking goals, the opposition still have to worry about Buddy, Sammy or the smalls

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Out: Pyke, Cunningham, Heeney
    In: Naismith (want to see he goes compared to Pyke), Goodes, Robinson (probably sub).

I think Heeney, Cunningham and Towers will make their way back into the team soon. It's a good game to take a look at a couple of new players.
    I know Naismith played well yesterday in the ressies, but surely his 1 AFL game so far is more than enough evidence to show he shouldn't just be thrown in the deep end by leaving Pyke out.

I wonder if he is more likely to get an opportunity at the times that we need to give Tippett a rest later in the season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I think Naismith has improved since we played Richmond last year. And then he was battling Maric, a very tough ask. Ludwig is suggesting it this week I am guessing because the dogs are a bit weaker ruck wise

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think Naismith has improved since we played Richmond last year. And then he was battling Maric, a very tough ask. Ludwig is suggesting it this week I am guessing because the dogs are a bit weaker ruck wise
    Its a huge risk to take though knowing the brittle nature of Tippett in my opinion, despite the weakness of the doggies ruck team at the moment.

Its too early in the season in my book unless playing the real dregs (Doggies haven't started well, but have some good players) to be tinkering. I certainly think he needs to get more exposure at the top level, but I think it should be later in the season (assuming we don't get injuries of course.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    It is a risk yes mcs. I'm don't expect Longmire would do it because he has proven he picks what he thinks is the best 22 each week rather than pick for development sake

I am about to watch the dogs vs crows game so I'll see what I think after that.

The Dogs are a very good outfit this year. This idea of resting players against "inferior" sides is flat out stupid.

Exactly! If anyone is watching what the Bulldogs are doing to Adelaide at the moment would think twice about resting and trialling new players next week! We will need to be on our game coming back from a taxing effort at Subi!

Senior Player
    I'm watching what has been done to Adelaide don't worry. I'm not a huge advocate of resting players usually. Just think Ludwig had an intersting idea about Naismith and it made me think of how good hawthorn is at bringing players into their team. They seem to have a lot of players in and out of their team which lets them cope with injuries really well. We would struggle a lot more than them with multiple injuries

Senior Player
    Of the 22 who played on the weekend, the only one I can see playing as sub next week is Heeney, and that's what I think will happen: no changes; Heeney sub.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast