Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They reckon another east coast low might be forming. Not as bad as last week but still fairly damp. Saturday forecast to be the worst. Of course!
    I think I've forgotten the last time I went to the SCG and it wasn't wet or had been wet in the day or two before the game! We have had a shocking run for wet games in Sydney over the last two or three years.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Out: Cunningham, Heeney (rest)
    In: Robinson, Mitchell

Is our midfield really as good as we think? When the intensity is really on I just don't think we can go with some sides. When looking at the midfield battles we were smashed by Hawthorn, Essendon were on top till they tired late, Port didn't turn up like they did against Hawthorn. It was a split decision at best against GWS. Freo smashed us in the 1st half before easing off their intensity in the 2nd half. We need another midfield soldier in Mitchell.

Heeney has had a tough couple of weeks, so I would give him a week off to freshen up his young body.

I would like to see Robinson given a shot. His 31 disposals and 8 inside 50's indicate a penetrating player. I would bring him in place of Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They reckon another east coast low might be forming. Not as bad as last week but still fairly damp. Saturday forecast to be the worst. Of course!
    For some reason, I'm really looking forward to the heavy rain!

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    For some reason, I'm really looking forward to the heavy rain!
    Swans Reserves are scheduled to play Sydney Uni at 10.30am on the SCG as a lead up to the seniors match. What's the betting it gets moved due to wet conditions? Again .......!

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Whilst we haven't been playing well in the wet, I think it will suit us more than the dogs. They rely on fast hands and speed in the game to beat their opponents and I don't think their younger bodies will be able to stand up to a tough wet slog.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Who do we think Bird will go to this week? Potentially Bontempelli but size may be an issue.

I also doubt the Dogs will risk Stringer but if he does play I think Rampe could be the perfect match-up for him.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Who do we think Bird will go to this week? Potentially Bontempelli but size may be an issue.

I also doubt the Dogs will risk Stringer but if he does play I think Rampe could be the perfect match-up for him.
    Bird usually goes to Bob Murphy, and I'd expect the same this weekend.
    I was also thinking that Reid could be matched up on Bontempelli

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post

I know he was unlucky on a few and did well on others, but I think they will have Rampe on 1vs1 isolated drills all week. He will learn from it. And hopefully the umps review some of the footage as well.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    ... On the other hand, Rohan looked really good when he subbed in. I ask myself should he be kept in the sub role for his obvious ability to impact; or should he play the whole game but then be unlikely to be dominant in the last qtr. I keep getting a different answer each time I ask myself this.
    I believe he should start. No point not using the Roosters speed, tackling and new found (?) marking ability as much as possible. I think he is starting to work well with Buddy and Jetta on the wings.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    I know he was unlucky on a few and did well on others, but I think they will have Rampe on 1vs1 isolated drills all week. He will learn from it. And hopefully the umps review some of the footage as well.
    I thought he did pretty well in his 1 on 1's v Fyfe (bull@@@@ free kick aside) he is one of our strongest bodied players, would love to see him get more midfield minutes as well!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I believe he should start. No point not using the Roosters speed, tackling and new found (?) marking ability as much as possible. I think he is starting to work well with Buddy and Jetta on the wings.
    Absolutely. His manic run is needed from the get-go. He is a much-improved player, can take the game on, and is a handful to match-up against. He merits a spot in the team. McGlynn as sub, particularly at SCG, is the better option: let him stew on the bench, working up a bit of that angry man haze, and then unleash him against tired legs.

No other changes, although Cunningham may be looking over his shoulder. Another thought, though: with Rohan, Reid, Jetta (ideally), Hannebery and Lloyd providing outside run, could we break with the late (sometimes lamented) Matt80's theory, and put Mitchell in for Cunningham? It's not like-for-like, but with the other flyers up and about, perhaps a bit more grunt in the clinches will help sort out the clearances, particularly early in games?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Absolutely. His manic run is needed from the get-go. He is a much-improved player, can take the game on, and is a handful to match-up against. He merits a spot in the team. McGlynn as sub, particularly at SCG, is the better option: let him stew on the bench, working up a bit of that angry man haze, and then unleash him against tired legs.

No other changes, although Cunningham may be looking over his shoulder. Another thought, though: with Rohan, Reid, Jetta (ideally), Hannebery and Lloyd providing outside run, could we break with the late (sometimes lamented) Matt80's theory, and put Mitchell in for Cunningham? It's not like-for-like, but with the other flyers up and about, perhaps a bit more grunt in the clinches will help sort out the clearances, particularly early in games?
    Mitchell is going to Melbourne so probably no point. Plus, no electric pace.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast