Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Emg: Derickx, Naismith, Nankervis ?
    HAHAHAHA!!!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    I still have no idea what team they will select tonight so I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement

Senior Player
    Mitchell towers Goodes in.

Mcglynn heeney cunningham out

- - - Updated - - -

Missing matt80 now because bird Parker Kennedy and Mitchell are all playing

Senior Player
    Surely towers will have to be the sub. Goodes made it clear in some comments earlier that he would only be coming back into the team as a starting member, not wearing the green vest

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Mitchell towers Goodes in.

Mcglynn heeney cunningham out

- - - Updated - - -

Missing matt80 now because bird Parker Kennedy and Mitchell are all playing
    Haha yes I am one who does miss his posts and believe he was unfairly banned just to please a few on here, but as far as the teams go, I'm sure he'd say what most of us agree in that the predicted conditions would more than likely play a part in his selection this week with some lighter quicker players dropped/rested.

The sub will be an interesting one again with probably Towers or Goodes battling it out. I really hope it's not Tom though!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Haha yes I am one who does miss his posts and believe he was unfairly banned just to please a few on here, but as far as the teams go, I'm sure he'd say what most of us agree in that the predicted conditions would more than likely play a part in his selection this week with some lighter quicker players dropped/rested.

The sub will be an interesting one again with probably Towers or Goodes battling it out. I really hope it's not Tom though!
    Towers for sub - I'd say Goodes will start, given the 'furore' when it was last suggested he would be sub. Hopefully not Mitchell - he isn't suited to that role at all.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Surely towers will have to be the sub. Goodes made it clear in some comments earlier that he would only be coming back into the team as a starting member, not wearing the green vest
    Probably so...But Goodes needs to play whatever role the coaches want, without commentary.

Glad to see Mitchell get his chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Wet weather selections. Smart move.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    I'm quite excited about seeing this team play. Long term heeney will be in there too but it's good to manage him a bit especially with his ankle hurt last week. Also long term when Goodes retires towers could play that role maybe better than Cunningham has been.

Let's see how they go. Cheer cheer.

Very unusual to have three changes. Happy Mitchell is getting a shot, albeit in pretty poor conditions. Was concerned about Goodes coming in with the wet weather but he's a smart footballer when it comes to making territory or directing the ball to advantage and you need that in the slop. Hopefully the conditions work to his advantage defensively too with opposition players a little less mobile.

Fun changes
    -

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Very unusual to have three changes.
    Agreed. I was certain there would be two changes only. Mcglynn is the most interesting omission in my opinion ( although I do agree)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast