Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Hannebery

Pushing for Selection

Dan Hannebery

Did anyone else hear Mark Stevens this morning on Game Day say that Daniel Hannebery will be in Melbourne next year?
    Rumours begin early.
    Surely not...

guy is paid to make stuff up. I wouldn't worry about it.

Suspended by the MRP
    When does his contract expire with the Swans?

Senior Player
    And Lance Franklin was going to be at GWS

Hanna's is the backbone of the club over the back end of this decade. I worry that blokes like Goodsey and Rhyce playing on impacts others in terms of playing time and salary. How good would a bloke like Membrey (Nick Davis like) alongside Tippo and Bud? I know he only played one game gift us but there is something about him, medium size fwd with X factor! He played well for the Saints today, he just needed opportunity. I can't see how a straight swap of Jones for Rhyce and Membrey for Goodes would have had a negative impact at all really. I will absolutely lose my @@@@@ if we lose any of Hanna's, Jones, Mitchell, et al. I must be getting bitter and twisted in my old age as I hated watching Mal, Mummy and Membrey over the last few days!!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Snork View Post
    Membrey (Nick Davis like)
    You just have to stop drinking!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Snork View Post
    Hanna's is the backbone of the club over the back end of this decade. I worry that blokes like Goodsey and Rhyce playing on impacts others in terms of playing time and salary. How good would a bloke like Membrey (Nick Davis like) alongside Tippo and Bud? I know he only played one game gift us but there is something about him, medium size fwd with X factor! He played well for the Saints today, he just needed opportunity. I can't see how a straight swap of Jones for Rhyce and Membrey for Goodes would have had a negative impact at all really. I will absolutely lose my @@@@@ if we lose any of Hanna's, Jones, Mitchell, et al. I must be getting bitter and twisted in my old age as I hated watching Mal, Mummy and Membrey over the last few days!!
    Did you actually watch the Saints game today or just read that he kicked 2 goals? I actually watched the game and from what I saw, Membrey was an average player in a very, VERY ordinary team ~ I can't see Saints winning too many this year, I struggle to see them beating anybody really. I agree with your point about Goodes and Shaw, but in my opinion anyway, Membrey was no great loss.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    There is no way that Hannebery is going to Vic...none of the challengers could afford him and he won't go to a cellar dweller. He'll be a swan for life

Agree on Membrey today but he may improve. Mummy was a far greater loss for us, he was excellent again today.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Agree on Membrey today but he may improve. Mummy was a far greater loss for us, he was excellent again today.
    Yep agreed, he's been the big loss.

Veterans List
    Just be journo's filling empty space. Can't see Hanners wanting to leave his "Buddy"!

If he did want to go it would be to a bottomish Melb club because the contenders probably couldn't get the trade done.

Trades like that will now look very much at how many ND points we are getting in return to snare the Callum Mills and Josh Dunkleys. Going to a contender would not allow sufficient return points.

Goodes and Shaw are certain retirees this year so can't see that $ will be an issue keeping Hanners

Agree with much of what's been said above. I too doubt very much if there is actually a plan for Hannebery to be in Melbourne next season. I mean, a tabloid journalist reporting on "rumours", means that there could be as little foundation for the story, as the journalist overhearing a couple of people in a bar having a fantasy discussion on who they would like to see at their club next year.
    And yes, of all the players that we've lost over the previous few seasons, I do think that Mumford was the biggest loss. Though when Tippett was in the centre on Saturday, he was definitely starting to resemble Mumford.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast