Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

Ins. Goodes.
    Outs. Heeney (inj)

Jetta to sub.

I'd love to give Naismith a game but can't fit him in......

I'd agree.
    For those watching the seconds how is Brandon Jack looking?

Heeney isn't injured according to Longmire.

McGlynn seems a little out of touch and I think he doesn't fit in to the midfield mix. Heeney and Rohan offer more as crumbing small forwards.

Out: McGlynn
    In: Goodes

Heeney to sub to replace Goodes in the 3rd.

Senior Player
    Mcglynn is an interesting one. He brings the grunt and hard work that we love but his kicking has always been a bit suspect and was shown last night. Invisibly he's a bit out of touch too.

Ins are between Goodes towers and possibly a new guy like Hewitt. Personally I would like to give Goodes another full game in the seniors at this stage. Somewhat it's a rotation and management approach from me. Goodes has been doing ok In the neafl but to continue improve his "form and fitness" he needs another run in the seniors and this may be the game to do so.

Heeney to sub for me again from a management point of view. He was down against freo And I wonder if he's a bit sore. If he's so sore to be rested I'd like to see Hewett given a run as sub just so we can see what he has to offer.

For me:

Out mcglynn
    In Goodes

Sub: heeney

Mcglynn may be slightly down but he is definitely in our best 22. His speed and hardness is a combination we have little of and remember people, he missed most of the pre-season games. Give him a little time and he'll get back to the form of last year, dare not doubt his hunger for a flag!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Mcglynn may be slightly down but he is definitely in our best 22. His speed and hardness is a combination we have little of and remember people, he missed most of the pre-season games. Give him a little time and he'll get back to the form of last year, dare not doubt his hunger for a flag!
    I'm not down on mcglynn per say. For me it's just about team balance and I think it will become clear that mcglynn and heeney will battle for the Same spot. I just feel we need to rotate some of our players which is why I think McGlynn should have another game in the neafl

Ever since Heeney has come in, has everyone forgot about Tom Mitchell? Or just lost hope in him?

If you take out Mcglynn (I don't think we should) you have to bring in someone like Tom Mitchell, brings the grunt, the tackling and the hunger for the contest just lacks the speed of Mcglynn.

I'm not sure why I'm even saying that, I believe Mcglynn is a very important player for us as he's hunger for a flag is intense.

Not to impressed with Cunningham this year, Jake Lloyd has taken over him by far.

Outs: Heeney (only if injured or for a rest), Cunningham.

Ins: Mitchell (if Heeney is out)
    Towers, Goodes or B.Jack for Cunningham.

Senior Player
    Haven't forgotten about Mitchell at all.

I just think the team looked the most balanced for the port Adelaide game. Mcglynn in there for me unbalances that combination a bit as does Mitchell.

Maybe towers should play instead of Cunningham. They are on par for me at the moment. I would be happy with that change too in addition to my changes above.

Goodes in for Heeney, I think he needs a week off to have a rest.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Out: Pyke, Cunningham, Heeney
    In: Naismith (want to see he goes compared to Pyke), Goodes, Robinson (probably sub).

I think Heeney, Cunningham and Towers will make their way back into the team soon. It's a good game to take a look at a couple of new players.

Senior Player
    Ludwig Your idea interesting about Naismith is interesting. I'm getting confused now about who should be in and out lol. I'm also keen to see pyke regain some goal kicking ability like in 2013. Would make us much less predictable

None if no injuries although Heeney may benefit from a weeks rest of no football due to a battering first 4 rounds. The real issue we have is the ridiculous sub rule! Roosy amongst others have called for an immediate scrapping of the rule which would be the best thing the AFL has done in many years! But we know that won't happen.

With our line-up from last night the sub is the most difficult thing to decide as no matter who we went with we would have lost something valuable from our team. Case in point was Rohan's speed and pressure that was missing in the first half.

It is ridiculous that an AFL player has to sit there for mostly 3 qtrs before getting time on the ground.

Unfortunately we can't fit a best 22 into 21!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast