Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 4: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Goals: Hiscox 2, Nankervis, Hewett , Newman, Foote, Rose, Campbell, Jack, McGlynn
    Best Players: Marsh Davis Nankervis Jones Jack Hewett

Veterans List
    Is that best two weeks in a row for Marsh?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Is that best two weeks in a row for Marsh?
    Marsh seems a different player this year. He's had 4 good games this year.

I was surprised that Robinson wasn't named in the best. He looked the most composed of the Swans and the most likely to succeed at senior level. I hope he gets a game soon. Jones loves to tackle. Abe Davis looks promising.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, always appreciated. I'd really like to see Jones get another go in the firsts. And maybe Marsh could take Towers' place for a while?

I'm sorry we aren't getting input on the club site from Coach Crouch - or Crouchner as you say!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Marsh seems to have found a niche playing as a mid-sized defender - a Rampe type. He seems to have learned to focus on his man first, but he is genuinely quick when he finds some space, and can hoof the ball (not always accurately!)

He struggled to consistently have an impact in the midfield - I suspect he just didn't know where to run to make himself dangerous. If he is to make it into the senior team, it would be daft to bring him in to play a different position than he's worked out at reserves level.

I normally refrain from bagging our senior players with heaps of experience on the basis of just one game. And Shaw's been pretty reasonable so far this year. But after yesterday's outing, I am finding it hard not to wish a wee break from him. Possibly it is unfair to single him out but his bloopers are the most vivid in my memory. Wouldn't mind seeing Jones get a chance soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'm sorry we aren't getting input on the club site from Coach Crouch - or Crouchner as you say!
    I agree. The reporting by the Swans on the Reserves is very skimpy and spasmodic. There was a period after Crouch took over the Reserves a couple of years ago when he did regular reports but that no longer happens. Disappointing.

There's a reserve segment on the swanscast with Mattner. Also did a pre game interview for this round

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There's a reserve segment on the swanscast with Mattner. Also did a pre game interview for this round
    Thanks I did watch Mattner's pre game interview, and was pleased to see it. Why doesn't he do it every week + another post game? Just as Longmire does for the Seniors?
    There are two tabs on the Swans website for the Reserves: one under 'Football' and one under 'SwansTV'. There are a few 2015 reports under the first. But the last video under the second relates to the Reserves 2014 grand final.
    And what is the 'swans cast' (a podcast I assume) and where is it found? ......actually I think I've just found it on the Swans website.
    But in any case, why aren't the same forms of reporting used for the Reserves as for the Seniors? I do nearly all my reading from the Swans app - shouldn't need to go searching for info. In my opinion podcasts should be for 'add-on' information (interviews with players etc.) not for basic game and selection information.

After all my whinging above re lack of coverage of Reserves matches by the Swans, in the last 24 hours we've been getting lots of reports and videos of Saturday's Reserves match against Syd Uni. Great!
    Anything else you would like me to whinge about? See if I can do it again?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    How good was the James Rose 60 metre bomb from the boundary? Kid has a decent leg on him!

Replay here for those interested, if you can bear the weird camera angle.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    After all my whinging above re lack of coverage of Reserves matches by the Swans, in the last 24 hours we've been getting lots of reports and videos of Saturday's Reserves match against Syd Uni. Great!
    Anything else you would like me to whinge about? See if I can do it again?
    Can you complain about lack of wet weather style of plays for the seniors ? Maybe they can learn from the ressies ( although I haven't yet had time to watch the ressies replay. )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast