Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 4: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    7 rebound 50's is pretty impressive for a midfielder as well...gives the impression that he is a two-way runner which our senior coaches seem to love.

Do any ressies watchers have any comment on how he covers the ground?
    He's no speedster, but I'd put him in a similar category as Heeney. Hewett's got a very quick reaction time with hands and foot, with good evasive skills. His biggest asset is that he can kick strongly and accurately on both sides, Sam Mitchell like, which is quite remarkable for someone his age. You may have to watch him for quite a while before you can tell if he's left or right footed. He's a lot like Heeney with a bit less polish and class.

See the official draft video (he was only 17 at the time): 2013 draft prospect: George Hewett - AFL.com.au

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Cheers Ludwig, but I was referring more to his aerobic capacity. Is he fit enough to play at the top level yet? I recall a comment from the pre-season that he didn't return in great nick.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Cheers Ludwig, but I was referring more to his aerobic capacity. Is he fit enough to play at the top level yet? I recall a comment from the pre-season that he didn't return in great nick.
    Not sure on this, but he did play on ball and seemed to be on the ground most of the game getting to one contest after another, so it couldn't be too bad. I recall that rumour about him not returning in good nick, but I don't believe it was ever confirmed. He looks okay now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345