Thread: anyone have old swans games 1992-1995???

anyone have old swans games 1992-1995???

Guys

I am searching for 3 old swans games on either vhs or dvd as follows:

1992 r21 north melbourne v sydney at mcg
    1994 r16 sydney v brisbane bears at scg
    1995 r18 sydney v brisbane bears at scg

name a game/sports delivered cannot help me, i have tried all the clubs involved, i have tried ch 7, youtube, ebay, the afl, torrents.

Ideally i need to find someone who taped any of these games at the time, and still has the tapes.

if you think you can possibly assist me, then i would really love to hear from you

Any assistance would be very much appreciated

thank you

Langers, I hope someone can assist you ... your collection must be huge!

Mods, I reckon it'd be helpful to have a separate footy forum titled something like "Can You Help?" so that threads like Langers' don't drop too far down for people to assist.

I'd think that there would be a number of RWOers who might like help with Swans related things (tickets, merchandise, videos, books, clothes etc) that other members might be able to assist with.

Good luck Langers

I'd assume that having a separate forum for stuff like this would make it less visible rather than more.

I'm astounded and disappointed that the club never kept an archive of these games.

I wonder if those games were recorded at all. If the official AFL Video site doesn't have them, only people who might have recorded them off TV would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post

I'm astounded and disappointed that the club never kept an archive of these games.
    Having witnessed these games...I can almost forgive the club for their lack of archives.......It wasn't pretty.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Having witnessed these games...I can almost forgive the club for their lack of archives.......It wasn't pretty.
    Nevertheless, there could be a Troy Luff speccy in there lost to the sands of time.

I'd assume that having a separate forum for stuff like this would make it less visible rather than more.
    Conversely, if it's not replied to often, it quickly slips down the RWO Swans Chat forum & then off the page & into obscurity. That's where a separate forum migh my be helpful, is it would likely sit on the front page longer and - as in Langers' case - there probably isn't the urgency for a response, if people only check in periodically, the posts won't have slipped as far.
    If it's initially posted on the RWO Swans Chat forum so that people read it, & then the mods could always move it to a Can You Help? forum, so it doesn't drop away because of footy-specific chat

But perhaps it's not worth it

Channel 7 had lots of the old games but seems to have lost a lot of them ????

I'd even love to see lots of old South footage.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I have seen numerous posts over the years about threads getting lost or ignored if not on the main forum, my solution is to use the "new posts" shortcut, even drag it to your bookmarks toolbar. This will pick up any changes in all threads.
    I always use this shortcut/link, I never go directly to the main forum.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017