Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 V Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    I think Shaw needs a good slap (metaphorical of course) and would like to see him spend a week in the ressies. Having said that, players driven by fear i.e. I've made some mistakes and therefore going to be dropped isn't the best motivation or duress for players to be under.

Outs: Shaw, Towers and Goodes.
    Ins: Jones, B. Jack and either Marsh or Hewitt.

Time for some new blood. The mix we have on the field is clearly not working as we would all hope.
    Surely Heeney & Reid must come back in? It would have been good to have Heeney last Saturday.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I'd really like a journalist to ask Longmire whether conditions like forecasted rain play a factor in his selection process.
    When asked about Mitchell's game post game he indicated he thought he'd be suited by the SCG and the weather. Wasn't at all over-complimentary about his performance and I get the feeling he is regarded as a bit slow and although he gets a million possessions he doesn't hurt opposition and he's slow on the defensive (and maybe offensive) spread.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    I think Shaw needs a good slap (metaphorical of course) and would like to see him spend a week in the ressies. Having said that, players driven by fear i.e. I've made some mistakes and therefore going to be dropped isn't the best motivation or duress for players to be under.

Outs: Shaw, Towers and Goodes.
    Ins: Jones, B. Jack and either Marsh or Hewitt.

Time for some new blood. The mix we have on the field is clearly not working as we would all hope.
    What about heeney Markus26?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    When asked about Mitchell's game post game he indicated he thought he'd be suited by the SCG and the weather. Wasn't at all over-complimentary about his performance and I get the feeling he is regarded as a bit slow and although he gets a million possessions he doesn't hurt opposition and he's slow on the defensive (and maybe offensive) spread.
    I thought Longmires whole demeanour was that of being completely deflated. I think he was really disappointed in the defence and that showed when he mentioned their poor decision making and execution. When asked about Mitchell he wasn't glowing but he wasn't down on him either. I think it was just his overall deflated mood that came through

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Mitchell was comprehensively better than Parker or Kennedy...definitely shouldn't be getting dropped on the basis of that game...really had a genuine, red-hot crack.

Again on the theme of being less predictable in the midfield, why not give Heeney a run in there this weekend? He will be fresh after a week off and he is obviously going to end up being a key part of our midfield in the future. Melbourne are a reasonably young side so he shouldn't get 'beaten up' *shudders as he uses a dermot brereton analogy* and would be great to see how he holds up. Plus it would benefit Kennedy/Parker to spend some more minutes in the forward 50 after a couple of pretty brutal encounters.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Senior Player
    I agree it would be a good opportunity to play Parker and Kennedy a bit more forward this week. We need to improve the spread of targets up front as well as working on improving the defensive delivery

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    He gets his hands on it as good as Joey and Parks, so keep him in the engine room and free up the other two to take turns creating a bit of havoc forward. They both play taller in marking situations, particularly Parks.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

According to Doc Larkins on the AFL site "- Sydney Swan Sam Reid is likely to miss more than one week with a calf strain."
    If true, we won't see Sam back for the Demons match.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    According to Doc Larkins on the AFL site "- Sydney Swan Sam Reid is likely to miss more than one week with a calf strain."
    Why the AFL persists in quoting Doc Larkins is a mystery? Half the time he doesn't even get the injury right let alone his predictions of availability! "That looks like a medial ligament ........ they seem to be testing for an ACL ........ maybe it's a calf ...... a shoulder injury has been confirmed.... Out for three weeks .....looks like he'll get up this week ...."

Longmire said Reid will train on Thursday to assess his availability. He'd said earlier that Reid was close to playing against the bullies."

On a more general point, it's interesting to see comments on RWO relating to "we had Reid out on Saturday remember", "Reid is a certainty to be an in for next week" etc etc when two weeks ago half the people on this site were wanting him dropped and traded out at the end of the year.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

In: A Dry @@@@ing track
    Out: Brain farts from the Backline

- - - Updated - - -

Doc Larkins would prescribe an enema for a headache. Sammy will probably play and kick 10 from the back pocket.

Senior Player
    Having just listened to horse press conference today I doubt Reid will be playing next weekend. Horse is normally overly optimistic and plays injuries down. He did so about heeneys ankle in last weeks Monday interview so I reckon given that Reid isn't going to train until Thursday it is unlikely he will play. A shame because it would have been good for him to build on his form and confidence.

Senior Player
    Longmire hasn't seemed that confident when asked about it after the game and again today. I don't recall too many calf injuries, however minor, being only a week.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast