Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 5: UWS Giants v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Nah, Douggie Hadden has been a semi-regular top up for the reserves for the past 3 or 4 seasons at least. I love him. Hard as nails and runs all day. He must be in his early 20s by now, and also plays for Sydney Uni when not playing for the Swans reserves. His skills are a little ragged at times, and he is probably just a little small to have a shot at playing at AFL level (given he's not overly quick and his skills aren't top notch). But he's great for the reserves. He always reminds me a little of Wade Chapman, with his reckless attack on the ball. Just doesn't also possess the exquisite skills that Chapman had.
    The downside of being a Victorian I guess, Liz, a lot of the reserves stuff just passes me by

The thing about Hadden that stands out is that he seems to get to every contest. Mind you, on the video he looks like a little kid.

As for Chapman, he wasn't reckless, he was suicidal!

I'm loving seeing Wade Chapman's name bandied about...One of my all time favourites...A blossoming career, sadly cut short.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I'm loving seeing Wade Chapman's name bandied about...One of my all time favourites...A blossoming career, sadly cut short.
    +1. Favourite player back then and still one of my all-time favoured Swans...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    trivia....who was the player who passed the ball to Plugger in the dying seconds for that final kick at goal to take us to the 96 GF?!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    trivia....who was the player who passed the ball to Plugger in the dying seconds for that final kick at goal to take us to the 96 GF?!!
    That's not trivia. Trivia is trivial, while the answer to that question is part of Swans folk lore. It was, of course, Chapman.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Trivia = facts about people that are not well known
    Trivial = of little importance or value.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Who kicked the ball to Cressa to mark in the goal square and kick the winning goal in the 96 qualifying final v Hawthorn?

I'm hoping it was Luffy, but I doubt it. :-)

(I do know the answer btw but I'm not gonna spoil the fun that quickly)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345