Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Round 6 vs. Melbourne

Veterans List
    On Goodsey, he does look past it at times, but in one and a half quarters, he's got 12 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles and a goal. Stats look good.......and he probably won't be dropped. Round eight though?????

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Did you see Mitchell's interview with Ling, pulled out the cliche's. I think he forgot to say "it was a game of two halves".
    Just what I was saying ! Lingy does not deserve any replies of substance : he's a nice chap , but he's also annoying.

Job done tonight - nothing special, but had more than enough to deal with what Melbourne could throw at us. A bit disappointed we took the foot off the gas in the last quarter and a half.

Kennedy was superb tonight -BOG for mine. Honorable mention for Tom McDonald from Melbourne, he did a fine job on Buddy. He is a really decent defender in the making, stuck playing for a very poor team at the moment.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Loved the push to get a huge % boost...really rubbed it in hey?....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    On Goodsey, he does look past it at times, but in one and a half quarters, he's got 12 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles and a goal. Stats look good.......and he probably won't be dropped. Round eight though?????
    He was better tonight than last week in terms of effective disposal, but he still can't pick the ball up below his knees and his decision making is still iffy. But definitely will get a run next week, but not sure against the Hawks.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Talking about the commentary: did I hear it right when Darcy said Hanners was the 2012 Norm Smith winner..

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Did enough to win

HMMMMMMMMM hope Heeney is not to bad as well as Jake Lloyd who was hampered

Great work Tom Mitchell,Buddy and Tippo and a few others

Nice to win when not at our best

Please bring the best next week�.just like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Talking about the commentary: did I hear it right when Darcy said Hanners was the 2012 Norm Smith winner..
    Yeh you did.... what a clueless bunch!

It was a really boring game. Melbourne have a way of taking the fun out of footy. It's so hard to judge how your side is going when you play them, unless you lose of course.

The numbers would say that Goodes had a decent game, but it didn't look that way on the field. But he still has the talent to make an impact. Another hard call to make.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Looks like. A PCL to me. Like goodesy had. Got hit in the back of the knee in the marking attempt.

- - - Updated - - -

Laidler is a marking machine
    Agreed re PCL
    Sitting there with it outstretched AND with ice on it would have been excruciatingly painful if ACL. Gave me hope.

Veterans List
    How long do you normally miss for PCL?

That kind of footy is never much fun to watch , nor any encouragement for others to watch Aussie rules. Just too many stoppages.
    Missed a lot of targets again going I50, and at the goals.
    Happy to get a win, but thought they would really kick a bag more.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast