Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Round 6 vs. Melbourne

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar

Match Day Thread Round 6 vs. Melbourne

Subs: Melbourne - Jack Watts, Sydney - Adam Goodes.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Afl app says Lloyd is sub? I'm glad it's not though, Lloyd is vastly more important than Goodes.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Agreed, we have seen a number of times Lloyd should be a starter.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Wonder how Goodes will swallow being the sub again? No disrespect to the great man intended with this question.

We're only a win ahead of this round last year, one begun hamstrung by issues and availability. Now in 2015, with a relatively healthy list and a strong preseason behind most players, we should be flying - not falling to the Bulldogs on our home deck.

Lose to Melbourne and we'll not reach the Grand Final. Indeed, may struggle to make finals at all. We are not Richmond. Time to get our act together.
    Swans by 7 goals.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    Wonder how Goodes will swallow being the sub again? No disrespect to the great man intended with this question.
    I wonder if his issue was more being the sub twice in a row than just being the sub, if seems like being the sub twice means you're going to have to go through the magoos to get a full game in the seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I wonder if his issue was more being the sub twice in a row than just being the sub, if seems like being the sub twice means you're going to have to go through the magoos to get a full game in the seniors.
    Very likely stellation. But I also think it would be hard not to take away the message, "Perhaps the pecking order has changed. Maybe the time has come when I need to give way to the next generation". I don't know, but he's a champion of the club and the game. Lots of respect going Goodsey's way no what happens this season.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    Very likely stellation. But I also think it would be hard not to take away the message, "Perhaps the pecking order has changed. Maybe the time has come when I need to give way to the next generation". I don't know, but he's a champion of the club and the game. Lots of respect going Goodsey's way no what happens this season.
    Yep, I know what you mean. As much as I hate the sub rule, it does allow the opportunity to give a champ a gentle message of you're acknowledging their brilliance and ability to impact a game, just maybe Father Time has taken the ability to consistently do it for 4 quarters.

One thing that I'm sort of looking forward to tonight, is seeing a few of the favourites for the Rising Star going around on the same ground. That is, while Heeney has been very impressive so far and deserves to be favourite, I've also been very impressed by Hogan and Brayshaw the couple of times that I've seen Melbourne.

Happy and I know it
    Where's the rain?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Where's the rain?
    Well, thankfully it's not up here either, Erica.
    And of course, another thing to be thankful about was Hawthorn getting done by GWS. Not that I'm biased against Hawthorn for any reason.

Hope Tippett kicks a bag.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast