Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GWS Giants

Giants v Crows game should be a cracker... Worth going out to watch Eddie and Cameron .

I have been extremely anti-Giants and continue to be in some aspects.

But to my dismay I find myself heading out to the ground this weekend for a footy fix.

Partly to get my footy fix and partly because they have an exciting list. And my disgust with what Fat Eddie is doing down in Melbourne makes me want two strong teams in Sydney now.

Hopefully they can start to work on their off-field community engagement a bit better too

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I have been extremely anti-Giants and continue to be in some aspects.

But to my dismay I find myself heading out to the ground this weekend for a footy fix.

Partly to get my footy fix and partly because they have an exciting list. And my disgust with what Fat Eddie is doing down in Melbourne makes me want two strong teams in Sydney now.

Hopefully they can start to work on their off-field community engagement a bit better too
    +1. I'm going to the Spotless Stadium as well (weather permitting). It should be a good game and have enough time to get back home to watch Swans taking on Hawks.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm also going! Mark down a win

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I think they'll be a bit flat after thrashing Carlton on the weekend (often happens the week after a team has an easy win), but it should still be a good game.
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 19th May 2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: clarification

Be interesting to see how many Swannies Caps at Spotless on Sat arvo ....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another TV double header with the Swans, too!

I'm thinking of heading down with Stella junior for the game- they had a decent crowd for Hawthorn (14k, I think?) so hopefully they can back it up with something over 12k.

I've been pretty impressed with James Stewart for the Giants over the last couple of weeks, looks to be fairly agile and have decent skills for a big guy.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

The crowd will be telling.

I vowed to never give that mob a dollar or set foot in that joint, especially when Sheedy was mouthing off.'

But now I cannot wait - if there's a bandwagon to be jumped on I'm the man And if this continues we'll have to pay praise to Gonzo's vision, something the current clown at HQ does not have an ounce of.

It is an enticing clash and with two good teams at a plum timeslot. The size of the crowd will reflect the number of people like me being converted - if it is over 10K then they should be happy. Over 15K and this team have truly arrived.

I'll be out there with three other blokes making their first visit

- - - Updated - - -

GWS could be Eddie's worst ever nightmare

So, they are currently $67 to win the Premiership ... $20 could add a bit of excitement to the remainder of watching them go round this year.
    I was impressed how well they played against Sydney

- - - Updated - - -

And The Swans are $4.50

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great to see Jon Patton back in today. Cam McCarthy starting as sub so am guessing Patton's on some kind of time restriction.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I refuse to give them money.
    I'll be watching from home in a few weeks.
    Bugger them.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I think you are bit harsh on them. We go to two of three games at Spotless to get a footy fix,
    and when they are on song they are great to watch. They look they are having a good time out there. Better than watching us most games this year it pains me to admit. Their recruiting of senior players the last few years like Patfull, Griffin, Mumford, Shaw etc has been masterful. They have the ability to score heavily very quickly and finish opponents off in ten minutes the way good teams can. I guess I admire their resilience in overcoming getting wiped out week in, week out for the first two seasons. I think payback time for them is just about here, and they will be in the top 4 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I refuse to give them money.
    I'll be watching from home in a few weeks.
    Bugger them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast