Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by cos789 View Post
    One day they'll be a big Sydney derby and there might be an end to the deplorable Sydney media bias.
    Sure you are on the right site here?

Deplorable Sydney bias, what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strapper View Post
    They will be the team to watch 2016 - 2017
    \

They have done very well and you'd think they'll go better next year. Gold Coast had a slip back but their list is more fragile and the GWS list is well positioned to play finals

It will be fascinating to see how they develop and also how the establishment react to their success. I

Don't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you sign a contract with a club, you are contracted to that club for the term of that contract, aren't you?

Why does this little upstart think that he can just go where he likes, mid contract?

Cam McCarthy determined to leave GWS, says agent - AFL.com.au
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you sign a contract with a club, you are contracted to that club for the term of that contract, aren't you?

Why does this little upstart think that he can just go where he likes, mid contract?

Cam McCarthy determined to leave GWS, says agent - AFL.com.au
    Same deal with Boyd last year (but can't remember if he was contracted). The club will refuse first up to pump up the price a bit, but then relent if the other club offers a decent deal.

There's often no point keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. You're taking up a spot on the list and paying money for a player who doesn't give a damn. Mind you GWS still have a bit of extra COLA and list space, so maybe they wouldn't mind keeping him out of spite. A guy's value can really plummet if you select him in the NEAFL and keep him sitting on the bench all year. Then they can punt him to the draft, and good luck getting where you want to go, buddy.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

So, they're taking three years worth of priority draft picks and shopping them out to the highest bidder, mid-contract.
    And STILL getting COLA.

They wonder why I'm so freaking cynical.
    Wonder no more.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    So, they're taking three years worth of priority draft picks and shopping them out to the highest bidder, mid-contract.
    And STILL getting COLA.

They wonder why I'm so freaking cynical.
    Wonder no more.
    And yet it's the Swans that get punished...
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234