Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 7 V Cats

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    If he did indeed strain a groin or something like that and he sits out the geelog game then I suspect Naismith will get his second game.
    If we have to give Buddy a spell, Naismith's the one I'd like in too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Is Ted injured too? I was at the game and haven't heard any commentary, but he seemed to be off the ground a lot and for some reason playing forward. Does anyone know the story? We could be missing Richards, Franklin, Hannebery, Lloyd and Heeney.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    We could be missing Richards, Franklin, Hannebery, Lloyd and Heeney.
    That'd be right.. The 1st game I get to in see live in years and I will be watching the magoos :-(

Senior Player
    Haven't heard anything about Richards. I think they were just changing things up positionaly

Hannebery looks fine to play according to horse. Lloyd has a swollen ankle due to bruising and they are trying to bring him up but I suspect he won't play.

I'm revising my changes ( assuming franklin plays) to :

Out : Lloyd heeney
    In: bird robinson

I'd still like to see Goodes the sub

Long Term Injury List
    I have just watched the replay and the time Ted spent in the forward line he was doing a lot of groin stretching. That game certainly took a toll on the team.

It may have been the trip to Perth followed by yet another slog in the wet that took their toll on the team. Then they had to fly again, which can tighten things up. It's not easy being a team outside Victoria. :-)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I thought that judging from Horse's comments today that Lloyd would be fine to play. Also I don't think Bud was injured I think he was just exhausted from playing so far up the ground and doing so many km's. Not kicking goals seemed to make him work much harder and I think he ran himself into the ground.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I thought that judging from Horse's comments today that Lloyd would be fine to play.
    It's been my observation that horse is usually overly optimistic of players likelihood of playing after injury when he does his Monday interview. That's why I thought Lloyd may not play. I reckon it's a 50-50

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Tom Harley spoke before the game on Saturday and said that Cunningham from all reports had played well and that Harry Marsh is close to a senior game.
    I thought Cunningham had his moments, but nothing to say in my mind that he deserves a recall. As for Harry Marsh - as a number of people have said on the reserves thread, its hard to understand what he is doing so amazingly to be constantly winning the plaudits of the coaches. But obviously they are seeing something many of us are missing.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Blog Entries
    I don't think Bird for Heeney is a like for like replacement. I'd be leaning more towards Cunningham or Towers to provide us with more pace.
    Agree that Goodes has to be sub, otherwise we are simply too top heavy in the forward line and guys like Enright, Rivers, Taylor and (Mackie) if he plays will cut us up.
    Will be really interesting to see how Selwood's hand pulls up as well...definitely looked broken on Friday night. If he misses then they might as well bring our odds in to $1.05.
    Selwood's hand looked horrible. But if he played on with it on Friday night you would have to assume it is not that bad.
    I guess we will see when selections are made.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Selwood's hand looked horrible. But if he played on with it on Friday night you would have to assume it is not that bad.
    I guess we will see when selections are made.
    Somone very close to me, may or may not have had a day in her honour on Sunday, works at the Geelong Hospital in the x-ray department and does the majority of the scans on the cats players. She said he went into the game with the issue on Friday night and probably shouldn't have played...also said the 'burst blood vessel' story is a load of rubbish. He's going in for more scans this arvo so hopefully we will find out more then, but yeh sounds like he will play through the pain regardless!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Blog Entries
    Somone very close to me, may or may not have had a day in her honour on Sunday, works at the Geelong Hospital in the x-ray department and does the majority of the scans on the cats players. She said he went into the game with the issue on Friday night and probably shouldn't have played...also said the 'burst blood vessel' story is a load of rubbish. He's going in for more scans this arvo so hopefully we will find out more then, but yeh sounds like he will play through the pain regardless!
    Unless someone very close to you slams the scanning device on his hand.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast