Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 7 V Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Selwood's hand looked horrible. But if he played on with it on Friday night you would have to assume it is not that bad.
    I guess we will see when selections are made.
    Dont tell anyone its safe here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 12th May 2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: fixed quotation

While we are talking about scans is there any news on Heeney ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Doc Larkins opinion:

"I know the Swans have said he'll be out for 4-6 weeks, but that's at the lower end for most people with a PCL," Larkins said.

"Isaac collided with a player in mid-air and that's the old ruckman's injury that we've managed to eliminate mostly from the AFL.

"It's normally not an injury that needs surgery, but the swelling and soreness in the knee and the need to use a brace in rehabilitation mean that most players miss 6-8 weeks on average, more often than not it's closer to eight.

"Hopefully his injury will be at the lower end because we weren't expecting it to be a higher-grade injury."

- See more at: Doc Larkins' injury update: round six - AFL.com.au

Related news:
    - Joel Selwood had originally injured his right hand in round five against Richmond and aggravated it last Friday night against Collingwood. The Geelong skipper has been cleared of any fractures and despite ongoing bleeding and soft-tissue swelling should play against the Sydney Swans this Saturday.

- Fellow Cat Harry Taylor was struggling with a corked left thigh late in the win over Collingwood but Geelong expects that with treatment he'll be able to play against the Swans.

- Dan Hannebery has a history of ankle injuries but with strapping and physiotherapy should overcome an injured left ankle to take on the Cats.

- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-1....XEkXsA6D.dpuf

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Doesn't seem to be anything from the club, but Heeney himself seems pretty upbeat
    Isaac Heeney on Twitter: "Thanks heaps to everyone for the positive wishes. Couple of weeks out to freshen up. Won't be long till I'm back out there!!"

Veteran Site Admin
    Longmire said in his press conference yesterday (on the Swans' website) that the scans had confirmed a PCL and they still thought 4-6 weeks.

Happy and I know it
    Injury news from the Club usually comes out on Tuesdays with a statement from Tom Harley.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I don't think Bird for Heeney is a like for like replacement. I'd be leaning more towards Cunningham or Towers to provide us with more pace.
    Agree that Goodes has to be sub, otherwise we are simply too top heavy in the forward line and guys like Enright, Rivers, Taylor and (Mackie) if he plays will cut us up.
    Will be really interesting to see how Selwood's hand pulls up as well...definitely looked broken on Friday night. If he misses then they might as well bring our odds in to $1.05.
    Or robinson. He has been burning in the Twos.

heeney has a PCL, confirmed by him yesterday, so only 4-6 weeks, 8 at max according to Larkins but he is hopeless and 4-6 is more general these days.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Robinson. If our side was a computer generated side with no emotion, I'd immediately drop Rhyce Shaw and Goodesey. Too great lrole models and will go down as icons for their era....for Goodesy, an icon in AFL history. As much as I love these guys, we won't win a flag this year with them in the side. The year only gets longer and quicker and certainly lifted notches in the finals. Sorry guys, now's the time. Inject some talented youth. Lloyd off the half-back line and Robinson on the wing. When Heeney is fit, he's in the forward line at the feet every day of the week. And if you say not ready, too early..remember a kid introduced by the Hawks last year who took everyone by surprise...a kid called Langford. A time to make tough calls.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    OUT: Heeney
    IN: Towers

Interesting

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Stokes and Blease in for the cats, Cockatoo and Cowan out.

Looks like towers has some photos

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast