Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 7 V Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Towers will probably be the sub, looking to replace Goodes late in the game. We usually choose someone with pace who can play forward, and Towers fits the bill. The decision may have been influenced by Dean kicking 2 nice goals in the NEAFL game, one from a tight angle and the other from around the 50.

I would have given Hiscox the call up. He could really burn off some tired players late in the game.
    Hiscox is going to be a very decent player I think, but to me he looked nowhere near AFL ready yet - mainly because his disposals are still iffy at best. Really looking forward to watching him develop however, as I think he will make the grade given time.

Really disappointed they picked Towers - he needs to have a breakthrough game for the firsts to justify the faith shown in him. I thought he kicked a couple of nice goals in ressies but didn't do anything else outstanding.

As nico says, it seems our depth is viewed at this stage at 24 players and that's pretty much it.

I hope Towers proves us wrong but I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Just some stats. Some wear the vest so I can cut a little slack. Lowest contest footy and tackles
    Shaw 2.8 p/g Tackles p/g 3.2
    Towers 3.2 p/g Tackles p/g 2
    Harry 3.2 p/g Tackles p/g 3
    3 out bottom 4 in contested footy. A few tackles but a lot around contest with player standing still.

Another stat. 1%
    Last Towers 0.5 p/g
    2nd last Harry 0.7 p/g

But one or both get a game each week. How?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    So what is going on with Bird?
    Not on the injury list.Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.05.42 pm.jpg
    and not even listed as an emergency?
    Bird has been one our most consistent over the last couple of years and I am very surprised by his omission.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

New mail. Buddy is injured and may withdraw just before game if he doesn't get up. It appears to be an ankle or lower leg.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    So what is going on with Bird?
    Not on the injury list.Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.05.42 pm.jpg
    and not even listed as an emergency?
    Bird has been one our most consistent over the last couple of years and I am very surprised by his omission.
    He is going to play reserves and I think they wanted to make sure that he was going to spend some time on the field rather than sitting it out as a precaution

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    New mail. Buddy is injured and may withdraw just before game if he doesn't get up. It appears to be an ankle or lower leg.
    Where did you here this ?

Rumour, news, lies. I dont know but there is a swirling story that Buddy is not right. He might recover in the next 2 days or play carrying an injury. Sources are what they are and dont get named. If i can confirm or deny tomorrow i will.

Veteran Site Admin
    There was speculation on here that Buddy didn't look 100% last week, so wouldn't be a huge shock.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There was speculation on here that Buddy didn't look 100% last week, so wouldn't be a huge shock.
    I can just hear horse before the game " he pulled up a bit tight at training on Thursday. We thought he'd be right to go but is still a little tight so we just didn't want to risk it "

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Given we play Hawthorn next week that wouldn't surprise me at all to see Buddy sit this one out...I'd assume Goodes would play more of a stay-at-home forward role and Tippett would spend more time in the forward line and less in the ruck. Towers and Gaz will have their work cut out for them to apply forward pressure if this does end up the case.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Senior Player
    I would also assume that Naismith would be the replacement for buddy. I agree that Tippett would spend more time forward and Pyke and Naismith rotate the third tall forward / ruck roles

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Mmm I dunno if we could afford to have another lumbering giant...I don't think Naismith and Pyke can play in the same team. With Naismith in the ruck the forward line will be Tip, Goodes, Pyke which is far too top heavy.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast