Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for round 7 V Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Flabbergasted x 2. Towers couldn't hold a tackle in the bedroom.
    Nico, I've learned from previous indiscretions here and will proceed in simply blocking your posts but before I do I'll add this:

You are entitled to your opinion re Towers (I'm not overly convinced he is a long term winner). But I'm happy fro Horse to give him a few games this year so that he has had a proper chance to prove himself after doing the two year apprenticeship. At the very least it could give him some trade currency at year end where we'll need some.

Bottom line is he wears red and white so I support him.

Your knee-jerk reaction and childish bagging of him is becoming beyond boring!!!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Flabbergasted x 2. Towers couldn't hold a tackle in the bedroom.

I hope he has a massive game and doesn't look back (ala AJ, Rampe and Lloyd) but maybe this is the coaches saying "you're gettin' a run make the most of it!" and after this they start looking for someone else to take the last position in the team?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    some slightly down games, wayward disposals, Mitchell knocking the door down, Mitchell playing very well.

That's my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

From what i've seen Naismith has been pretty agile below his knees and creative in front of goals. I think he'd be ok
    Yep, he's not a lumberer, he looks very agile, reminds me of Goldstein. Still young but I see potential

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post

I hope he has a massive game and doesn't look back (ala AJ, Rampe and Lloyd) but maybe this is the coaches saying "you're gettin' a run make the most of it!" and after this they start looking for someone else to take the last position in the team?
    Clearly Horse sees something in him and he's not a bad judge of talent.

Give him until about round 12-14 to see if he is the goods. I'd also like to see Zak Jones given another 6-8 games and Naismith too though I must say that Pykey is really having a good year to date

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Clearly Horse sees something in him and he's not a bad judge of talent.
    We don't know if that is the case, may be one of the assistant coaches keeps pushing for Towers to be given another chance?
    ... and Naismith too though I must say that Pykey is really having a good year to date
    I have been pleasantly surprised by the ruck combo of Pyke and Tippett.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Agree with Mug punter ,Zak Jones and Naismith need a run ?

Substitute, emergency, interchange, reserves... they're all just spokes on a wheel. This player's on top, then that player's on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those in Supercoach! Towers plays a blinder or is unsighted, neither surprises and in the end it doesn't really matter. It's about minutes not form, the 22nd selected is mere time management.

Nah, that's too cynical. Good luck, Deano. You're bigger than you think and faster than you realize so if the ball eludes you, at least make sure your opponent doesn't. Take away their space and GET IN THEIR FACE!

Franklin's rumoured injury just won't go away which could mean Buddy pulls out for BJ (don't be vulgar) who subs, the forward line then shuffles around Tippett, Goodes, Reid and Towers. Heavy rain and Brandon may start instead. If this game's decided by who comes on for the last half of the final quarter, we've greater problems than sub choice to deal with anyway.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Hawkins out for Cats. Walker in. Big loss

And no changes for us which is doubly excellent! Assuming Buddy doesn't aggravate anything other than Chris Scott that is!

Veterans List
    Good to see Buddy in the final team. I thought we might see the coaches drop Buddy late if 'that' rumour was true, in response of Hawkins being out, but obviously the Bud is OK. Go Swans! I'm feeling better the closer the game gets, we could be in for a big night.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678