Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 7 V Cats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes for round 7 V Cats

If Lloyd and Hanners are fit then I imagine there will be only one change...

OUT : Heeney

IN : Bird

Goodes played half a game, plenty of minutes, so may hold his place as the sub again.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Will Goodesy wanna be sub two weeks in a row though?

Senior Player
    Sad to see heeney start with Injury. I sent him a tweet so he knows people are behind him.

I agree that bird in for heeney is the logical choice. But sub two weeks in a row for Goodes doesn't seem likely. That would mean bird would likely be the sub and that doesn't seem like a good use of the subs vest either. Maybe Goodes will be okay being sub again seeing as he played half the game last night.

For me it is still

Out heeney
    In bird

And who knows for sub. Goodes is best for the sub but I'm not sure they'll do it

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I don't think Bird for Heeney is a like for like replacement. I'd be leaning more towards Cunningham or Towers to provide us with more pace.
    Agree that Goodes has to be sub, otherwise we are simply too top heavy in the forward line and guys like Enright, Rivers, Taylor and (Mackie) if he plays will cut us up.
    Will be really interesting to see how Selwood's hand pulls up as well...definitely looked broken on Friday night. If he misses then they might as well bring our odds in to $1.05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I don't think Bird for Heeney is a like for like replacement. I'd be leaning more towards Cunningham or Towers to provide us with more pace.
    Agree that Goodes has to be sub, otherwise we are simply too top heavy in the forward line and guys like Enright, Rivers, Taylor and (Mackie) if he plays will cut us up.
    Will be really interesting to see how Selwood's hand pulls up as well...definitely looked broken on Friday night. If he misses then they might as well bring our odds in to $1.05.
    Selwood's hand looked horrible. But if he played on with it on Friday night you would have to assume it is not that bad.
    I guess we will see when selections are made.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Selwood's hand looked horrible. But if he played on with it on Friday night you would have to assume it is not that bad.
    I guess we will see when selections are made.
    Somone very close to me, may or may not have had a day in her honour on Sunday, works at the Geelong Hospital in the x-ray department and does the majority of the scans on the cats players. She said he went into the game with the issue on Friday night and probably shouldn't have played...also said the 'burst blood vessel' story is a load of rubbish. He's going in for more scans this arvo so hopefully we will find out more then, but yeh sounds like he will play through the pain regardless!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Blog Entries
    Somone very close to me, may or may not have had a day in her honour on Sunday, works at the Geelong Hospital in the x-ray department and does the majority of the scans on the cats players. She said he went into the game with the issue on Friday night and probably shouldn't have played...also said the 'burst blood vessel' story is a load of rubbish. He's going in for more scans this arvo so hopefully we will find out more then, but yeh sounds like he will play through the pain regardless!
    Unless someone very close to you slams the scanning device on his hand.

Or robinson. He has been burning in the Twos.

I believe Bird came out because of speed.

That's why Mitchell couldn't get a game, now that he has, he's too good to drop.

So they had to drop someone else without pace. And you wouldn't be dropping Parker or Kennedy, but if you have all of them in, you've got a pretty slow midfield.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bright in Cunningham, Towers or someone like Jones in and left Bird out.

Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post

That's why Mitchell couldn't get a game, now that he has, he's too good to drop.

So they had to drop someone else without pace. And you wouldn't be dropping Parker or Kennedy, but if you have all of them in, you've got a pretty slow midfield.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bright in Cunningham, Towers or someone like Jones in and left Bird out.
    or maybe even B. Jack who's been looking good in the 2nds

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    or maybe even B. Jack who's been looking good in the 2nds
    I think BJ has been really disappointing as he just hasn't kicked on in my book - I've seen nothing in the ressies games I've watched this season to say he has been playing well enough to be knocking on the door for senior selection. Had a couple of good moments yesterday, but nothing to me to suggest he is next in line.

Its a tough one trying to guess who would replace Heeney. I watched the ressies game stream yesterday and neither Cunningham nor Towers really stood out - but neither did any of the names being mentioned here (BJ, Hewett) either.

I'd guess Bird for Heeney is most likely.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post

What the hell for. They give us nothing.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast