Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 6: Sydney Swans Reserves v Southport Sharks

Veterans List
    Thanks Ugg, your reports are the highlight of my week - yes I know I'm a sad case!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Not sure why only 5 players instead of the usual 6 in the best players list

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Awesome work Ugg, your reserves reports are brilliant! It's a pity the club can't do something similar for the website.
    Also sounds like our depth is developing pretty nicely. Do you think Cunningham playing forward might be because they see it as his best chance of breaking back into the senior side? Himself, Goodes and Towers could all be competing for that one spot.

Regular in the Side
    Somebody loves Harry Marsh. He makes the best players again with just 13 disposals but George Hewett with 29 including 2 goals misses out A more balanced assessment on the Swans website but no best players listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Somebody loves Harry Marsh. He makes the best players again with just 13 disposals but George Hewett with 29 including 2 goals misses out A more balanced assessment on the Swans website but no best players listed there.
    Well he does have two defenders as his reserves coaches.

The ressies have the bye next week which will have implications for senior selection.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Maybe it's not just Harry's mum.

At the opposite end Geelong premiership player and Southport co-coach Josh Hunt was restricted to 15 touches and one goal thanks to a combined defensive effort from Harry Marsh and Zak Jones.
    NEAFL: Swans drown Sharks - sydneyswans.com.au
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Ugg, do you know why there is a discrepancy between the list of best players you posted and those cited at the end of the piece on the Swans website: Swans Best: C Bird, D Robinson, G Hewett, T Nankervis, A Davis, H Marsh? I appreciate the differences aren't that big (Nankervis instead of Naismith and some differences in the middle order) but still.

BTW, I too really appreciate your reserves reports. It's the best way of keeping up with what is happening in the reserves that I have found short of going to all the games (or maybe even better!)

Also, what are the senior implications of the reserves' bye? I suppose it might make it marginally harder for someone from reserves to break into the seniors' side in the next round.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Not sure why only 5 players instead of the usual 6 in the best players list

The Reserves Stats are up to date for round 6.
    Follow the Stats link above on the Navbar.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Ugg, do you know why there is a discrepancy between the list of best players you posted and those cited at the end of the piece on the Swans website: Swans Best: C Bird, D Robinson, G Hewett, T Nankervis, A Davis, H Marsh? I appreciate the differences aren't that big (Nankervis instead of Naismith and some differences in the middle order) but still.

BTW, I too really appreciate your reserves reports. It's the best way of keeping up with what is happening in the reserves that I have found short of going to all the games (or maybe even better!)

Also, what are the senior implications of the reserves' bye? I suppose it might make it marginally harder for someone from reserves to break into the seniors' side in the next round.

Thanks
    The Nankervis-Naismith is my stuff up. Same type of player, starts with the same 2 letters and adjacent on that spreadsheet. The other discrepancies were due to the fact that Hewett wasn't listed originally in the best players list, probably a mistake on their part, which had a cascading effect on the 1st-5th listing.

The senior implications I was referring to was specifically about Towers. If the reserves had a game this week, the line of reasoning might have been to drop Towers to the reserves to maintain match fitness, but since there is no game, they might be happy to have him run as the sub again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12