Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Round 7 vs Geelong

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Ramps is a legend ...in his own lunchtime. A trip to the 2s is in order.
    There will be words during the week no doubt.....his decision making is going backwards atm. A game in the two's could be good, but with Hawks next week, probably just a stern talking to....

Excellent second half. Obviously Parker was brilliant, Kennedy was his usual hard self and I really liked McGlynn tonight. Ten tackles and when he was on Selwood, he really curbed Selwood's influence, which goes a long way to beating Geelong. Actually, it may be an interesting tactic to have someone smaller than Selwood playing on Selwood: that is, if someone is coming at him from a lower angle, it may limit the large number of high tackle frees that he usually gets.

What??? In the 1970s...'80s half the players had hair 10 times longer....did not cop this sort of nonsense....
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Needs a head band or a hair cut

Veterans List
    Really great final quarter!

Parker was magnificent...really love him in the forward line. Maybe he can teach Kennedy how to kick at goal! Speaking of Kennedy was he holding his groin after the siren? Hopefully he will be right for next week.

Poor crowd tonight only 28,000.

Not looking forward to next week. Don't want to be near the hawthorn supporters!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Saw the Kennedy thing, holding his groin after the siren.

With his missus he wouldn't want a sore groin

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    What??? In the 1970s...'80s half the players had hair 10 times longer....did not cop this sort of nonsense....
    True, but in those days, hair was long all over & tended to be heavier at the back (less likely to flop in the face), & the game was slower (so a bit of a distraction might have had less impact). Dane's is very front heavy. He spends a fair bit of time flicking it out of his eyes. I'm not using this as a criticism or a reason for his play. But I'd have thought it must be distracting to some degree ... maybe not what you need with fast ball & opposition player movement.
    He's often asked to play on opposition players who have a different physical morphology, which is a bigger challenge than his hair, & I don't think he's given enough credit for his performances given the roles he's asked to play on the players he's expected to play against.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    i wonder how many weeks that Johnson will get for taking out McVeigh

Excessive force but he was attacking THE BALL ??????????

Veterans List
    Enough of the game frustrations. We finally put it together in the last stanza. Mitchell was good and has a pretty big tank. Has to be about Parkers best game.

Thought the commentary was pretty good and fair.

Veterans List
    So far the post game chat resembles a Horse post match pressy, so I'll give a shout out to Tom Mitchell. 31 possessions and three goals, great game. Edit; Nico just got in first re; Mitchell. Agree, very good tank.

Our persistent poor decision making and sloppy disposal is a real worry despite the win tonight. Geelong have faded out regularly in 2nd halves and they were without some of their best players so the end result is not surprising.

I don't know what the problem is with Rampe this year. He's become a liability in the back line. I think we need to move him on the wing to limit the damage of his brain fades. And Macca-doo is also in order. I would love to give Zak Jones a run in defence. He's got a great burst of speed too.

Reg is a solid defender, but he's so slow and poor in traffic with ball in hand. One day we will have to bite the bullet and drop him. I'd be happy to give Abe Davis a go despite his lack of experience.

Mike Pyke had a good 2nd half, but we aren't winning the clearances in spite of winning the hitouts. The Hawks game is probably not the time to make a change, but I'd like to see Naismith given a shot.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any easy solution to our woes except for our players to play better and smarter. A few changes around the edges may have some benefit long term, but doubt it will have much positive effect this year.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Geelong obviously put a lot of pressure on from the beginning and despite the clangers we withstood it, only a few points in it at half time. From then on our accuracy lifted - by hand and foot - and we ran out the game better than the Cats. Great performance by Parker, Mc Veigh solid. Kennedy I thought had a bit of an off night by his standards. Jetta had a very good night.

The forwards played their role well, and the big men all put in.

I thought Smithy was the pick of the defenders but all contributed. Rampe is frustrating because he will do something quite brilliant and follow it up with something absolutely klutzish; like most players, if he can be more consistent he will do just fine.

Overall, to beat a team like this Geelong team by a fair margin is something to be pleased about.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    I am astounded at the number of negative posts that have been published tonight. I can't be bothered naming or quoting you all by name but you all know who you are and what you said. Tonight was an example of four quarters football and any one who couldn't see how it was going to end up were the people who aren't really confident in the quality of our team. They were the ones whining in the first three quarters. They were the ones saying that we were lacking structure. The Swans have in my opinion have played only ONE very bad game of football in twobyears and some " supporters" are still scarred by this event. We have been outplayed on other occasions but not that often.
    Anyone one didn't want Jetta playing for us and doubts his about his ability to impact on a game owes an opology after tonight. And maybe I am on old sentimentalist but I thought Adam Goodes provided good value as well tonight.
    Anyway it is my opinion that we are looking like grand finalists again an obviously my wish is that we are more switched on then 2014

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast