Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Will Towers start or be the sub again?
    start. with lloyd as sub.

Purely for rotations.

Im not too worried if we win or lose to hawks. Its too early in the season for any meaningful form guide.

But we must not let them walk all over us like the grand final. We need to take it up to them. Another copitulation would be very damaging to our psychology.

*capitulation

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    *capitulation
    Well spotted Damy, good post

highlighting a spelling error written on a phone is a "good post"??

Considering what they did to us in the GF, he might have meant 'another copulation'...

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Im not too worried if we win or lose to hawks. Its too early in the season for any meaningful form guide.

But we must not let them walk all over us like the grand final. We need to take it up to them. Another copitulation would be very damaging to our psychology.
    I understand the sentiment of it not being a great form guide Barry but we should be desperate to win as it is one of those 8 point games. If we could get a 2 game break on the Hawks and a 3 game break on Port then that will make finishing top 2 so much easier.
    I know it's a long way out but if we could avoid a trip to Perth in the finals that would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    highlighting a spelling error written on a phone is a "good post"??
    It was sarcasm Barry, I didn't think it was necessary.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    It was sarcasm Barry, I didn't think it was necessary.
    I love this site. ?

OUT : Towers, Goodes
    IN : Cunningham, Robinson

I hate to say it, but for mine, Goodes is clogging up a spot in the seniors that should be being used to give valuable exposure,

and game time, to some of the better performing youngsters.

Players like Robinson, Hewitt, Jones, even Rose or Marsh.

I can't imagine their impact would be much less, if at all, than Goodesy is producing.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    OUT : Towers, Goodes
    IN : Cunningham, Robinson

I hate to say it, but for mine, Goodes is clogging up a spot in the seniors that should be being used to give valuable exposure,

and game time, to some of the better performing youngsters.

Players like Robinson, Hewitt, Jones, even Rose or Marsh.

I can't imagine their impact would be much less, if at all, than Goodesy is producing.
    Sorry to say I agree with you 100%

Goodes was trying hard but IMO there is no way we can win a flag with him in the side. The Hawks or Freo will just completely chop him up.

And the fact is we could be giving the likes of Robinson and Jones some meaningful game time. I understand that he has some runs on the board but surely ROK did too and look how ruthlessly he was dealt with (and rightly so imo, footy is a ruthless business where time stands still for no one). I can only hope that the match committee has a plan in place to ease him out and that he is not a scared cow - I would actually like Goodes to start against Hawthorn next weekend and play as many minutes as possible. If he gets carved up by the Hawks (and sadly I think he will be badly) then it will be time to go for one of our all time greats.

Rampe is safe this week but any more games like that and he'll be in trouble. Is it possible he is becoming a bit full of himself? I liked him better when he was fighting for his spot every week. Shaw I place in the same category as Goodes in terms of us not being able to win a flag with him in the side.

I also have my doubts about whether Bird will be back any time soon

In any even it looks like being one of the most eventful season closes at the Swans for many a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Sorry to say I agree with you 100%

Goodes was trying hard but IMO there is no way we can win a flag with him in the side. The Hawks or Freo will just completely chop him up.

And the fact is we could be giving the likes of Robinson and Jones some meaningful game time. I understand that he has some runs on the board but surely ROK did too and look how ruthlessly he was dealt with (and rightly so imo, footy is a ruthless business where time stands still for no one). I can only hope that the match committee has a plan in place to ease him out and that he is not a scared cow - I would actually like Goodes to start against Hawthorn next weekend and play as many minutes as possible. If he gets carved up by the Hawks (and sadly I think he will be badly) then it will be time to go for one of our all time greats.
    Poor Goodesy!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast