Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    In: Naismith, Robinson, Jones, Hewett, Marsh, Nankervis, Bird, Rose, Mills, Dunkley

Out: Towers, Goodes, Shaw, Pyke, Rampe, Grundy, Bevan, Matthews, Davis, Roberts-Thomson
    Saw LRT today as he descended and I ascended an escalator (KONE, looked like a 2006 model). Looked fit and had a slightly more LRT hairct than the one he had at the end of his glorious career, but ascertaining if he was up for a game this weekend with more certainty was a bit awkward on a crowded escalator.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    In: Naismith, Robinson, Jones, Hewett, Marsh, Nankervis, Bird, Rose, Mills, Dunkley

Out: Towers, Goodes, Shaw, Pyke, Rampe, Grundy, Bevan, Matthews, Davis, Roberts-Thomson
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Outstanding...ahhh..the decision making of Matthews...sweet memories
    Mathews*
    C'mon Chels!

With Zac Jones penning a new 2 year deal, this might be the ideal game to bring him in.

He'll be up and about, and he's a hard nut....Come on Horse, you know you want to.

So slight change to my last, 'hoped for' changes....

OUT : Goodes, Towers

IN : Robinson, Jones
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I suspect hawthorn of 2015 is a bit like north last year ... flat track bullies.

Thrash lesser teams, but are beatable by good sides . Getting a bit old

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I suspect hawthorn of 2015 is a bit like north last year ... flat track bullies.

Thrash lesser teams, but are beatable by good sides . Getting a bit old
    Flat track bullies?! You're dreaming. Ruthless is a better word to describe Hawthorn.

And as far as being a bit old. The respective average ages of the clubs last game was: Hawthorn - 26y 2m Sydney - 27y 3m.
    But we can fix that by replacing Goodes and Shaw with Rose and Abe Davis. ( That was supposed to be sarcastic, but doesn't sound all that bad.)

Anyway, I doubt that Goodes will be replaced for this game. I think all of the players from last week that played in the GF will hold their spots. It will just be who replaces Towers, with Jones, Bird and Cunningham being the the main contenders. I am leaning toward Jones because he has both pace and physicality.

Veterans List
    I'm always amazed by how the "Changes" threads on RWO matches the Game Day thread for length. Wasn't always that way. No change.

Senior Player
    I'm liking the idea of jones in for towers. A hard but with some pace could be more than useful against the Hawks. I'm keen to see Robinson play seniors but another week I think

Surely Shaw has to go, and Goodesy is a good bet to be dropped too. Puns aside I'm very serious!

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    Surely Shaw has to go, and Goodesy is a good bet to be dropped too. Puns aside I'm very serious!
    Longmire is so conservative in his team selections that I'd be surprised if there is much change at all.
    Every time Shaw gets the ball I expect an error. I'd love to see a change there for one of the younger players such as Robinson. Whenever our backline gets pressured we make lots and lots of errors and you can bet they'll be pressured this week. Rampe should also have rest. His poise and composure has gone anholiday in the ressies would be good for him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    Longmire is so conservative in his team selections that I'd be surprised if there is much change at all.
    Every time Shaw gets the ball I expect an error. I'd love to see a change there for one of the younger players such as Robinson. Whenever our backline gets pressured we make lots and lots of errors and you can bet they'll be pressured this week. Rampe should also have rest. His poise and composure has gone anholiday in the ressies would be good for him.
    But we only average 67 points against. Surely the backline must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Really? That surprises me, Australia's airline industry has a pretty good safety record...
    Hahaha, bravo sir. Well played!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    Agree, especially on Shaw. I too wish Horse would be more bold and proactive with selections. I struggle to see how he and the coaching panel don't see what most of the fans and most of us on RWO see and do what is necessary.......I know that sounds a bit 'know-allish', but our team has deficiencies that need to be addressed. The teams attitude, when right, will see us beat more than we lose to, but at finals time, it may not be enough.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast