Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think Cunningham has been brought in specifically to run with Smith or Hill

Goodes sub for me

Emg Naismith Robinson Towers

Strange no bird given ressies have the bye
    Agree, with Adam named on the bench, he's probably the sub.

Glad to see Lake in for Hawthorn...I reckon he'll be a liability after 4 weeks out, hopefully a performance littered with classic 'Lake Brain Fades'....

Rip into him boys, and run him up the ground
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Interesting that while Lake is back they also kept Schoenmakers in their team meaning they have potentially four tall defenders in Lake Gibson Frawley and Schoenmakers. I guess they have the option of pushing Schoenmakers forward and try to stretch us down back with Hale Roughead and Gunston

Interesting that while Lake is back they also kept Schoenmakers in their team meaning they have potentially four tall defenders in Lake Gibson Frawley and Schoenmakers. I guess they have the option of pushing Schoenmakers forward and try to stretch us down back with Hale Roughead and Gunston
    seems like a weird decision, considering he's been in pretty average form

Schoenmakers is an average defender at best in my book - and I doubt he is much better as a forward. Interesting that they've gone with 4 talls though.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I thought the Schoenmakers inclusion was odd as well. Perhaps it's a bit of insurance in case Lake has problems. But he is more likely to play forward as there's really no matchup for him. They dropped Duryea instead, who played every game this year and all the finals last year as well, and I thought he was playing well. His stats are really up this year.

Hawthorn have the ability to do things like that due to their flexibility. They can play Gunston on the wing and Roughy in the the midfield. They may well try Roughy as 3rd man up at times, as it seemed to work well against us in the Geelong game.

We are going to have to play some kind of game to beat them.

Blog Entries
    Changes from GF

Hawks
    out:
    Duryea, Taylor, Hodge, Luke, McEvoy, Ben, Spangher, Matthew
    In
    Ceglar, Jonathon, Frawley, James, Hartung, Billy, Schoenmakers, Ryan

Swans
    out:
    Bird, Craig, Malceski, Nick
    In:
    Laidler, Jeremy, Mitchell, Tom

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Cunningham in for Towers.
    I'm tipping Goodes to be sub again!
    Churning players again. We start with 21 players.

Changes for Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

I'm certain that the sub must come from the named interchange bench, that means it's likely to be either Goodes or Lloyd.
    I'm surprised that they went with Cunningham but I'm glad that he'll have the chance to shrug off some demons from last year.
    Jack, McVeigh, Shaw and Grundy must stand up in this match. Too often we've left it to Kennedy to show the way, I know Parker and Hannebery will be amongst it as too will Mitchell, T.
    The four I mentioned earlier put in very ordinary performances (in the game that will not mentioned) and 3 of the 4 are in the leadership squad, so like Cunningham they should have pencilled this in to make amends.

Hawthorn

Any one a little worried what we going to bring to Hawks game, watched a few on the Cats game ! There was Pyke rucking with real determination, jetta and a few others intensity seemed to be a lot higher !

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Surely in a game like this our inensity will be up...the longer the week goes the more confident I'm getting. Lake and Frawley are both underdone and their midfield hasn't been in great form. Think it's a genuine 50/50.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

We've been showing some aggression lately, which is great and we need to bring even more into this game.

Hawthorn are average if you put their midfield under pressure, they're whole game is based on accuracy, so if you tackle, accuracy will go down, that's how we got em in 2012 and that's how other teams have got em.

The only problem is, Hawthorn are very good at getting aggressive and can do the same thing to us.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast