Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

In: Naismith, Robinson, Jones, Hewett, Marsh, Nankervis, Bird, Rose, Mills, Dunkley

Out: Towers, Goodes, Shaw, Pyke, Rampe, Grundy, Bevan, Matthews, Davis, Roberts-Thomson
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Spelling is important! Copitulation could mean having sex in a pit (copulation + pit). Each to their own but was just clarifying. Capitulation means to lose ones head (capita is Latin for head) that's where terms like per capita and capital come from

Ok Latin lesson is over now
    Salvete magister

*actually capit is Latin for head, I got auto-corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    In: Naismith, Robinson, Jones, Hewett, Marsh, Nankervis, Bird, Rose, Mills, Dunkley

Out: Towers, Goodes, Shaw, Pyke, Rampe, Grundy, Bevan, Matthews, Davis, Roberts-Thomson
    LRT is a bit unlucky. I thought he played well!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    *actually capit is Latin for head, I got auto-corrected
    You were right the first time: caput (nom), capitis (gen).
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Im not too worried if we win or lose to hawks. Its too early in the season for any meaningful form guide.

But we must not let them walk all over us like the grand final. We need to take it up to them. Another copitulation would be very damaging to our psychology.
    I agree Barry. If the GF meant anything to us then this game above others is personal. We need to take it up to them in every way possible this week: unrelenting pressure, hard hits. This may be unreasonable, but I don't want a measured game. I would love the Swans to unleash the beast. The message needs to be to the Hawks - that was an abberation; it won't happen again.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    I agree Barry. If the GF meant anything to us then this game above others is personal. We need to take it up to them in every way possible this week: unrelenting pressure, hard hits. This may be unreasonable, but I don't want a measured game. I would love the Swans to unleash the beast. The message needs to be to the Hawks - that was an abberation; it won't happen again.
    Agree. I hope the team are still hurting as much as I am. This is not just another game - this has to be revenge or at least an attempt for complete domination, as they did to us last time we played them.

I have a good feeling about this game, Hawthorn are short on a few of there stars. While both are yet too truly fire I think this might be the game that gets us fired up

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    It was sarcasm Barry, I didn't think it was necessary.
    I'm not sure it was sarcasm, but sarcasm or not, it was still a good post. Blaming poor spelling on an iPhone is just lazy. Getting angry about it is just silly.

Given the results of the first 7 rounds, this game could be won by anyone! This season is excitingly even ... but a tipsters nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Spelling is important! Copitulation could mean having sex in a pit (copulation + pit). Each to their own but was just clarifying. Capitulation means to lose ones head (capita is Latin for head) that's where terms like per capita and capital come from

Ok Latin lesson is over now
    Salvete magister
    I just read it as you jumping on an opportunity to kick Barry because you don't like him, and I thought that was pretty childish. If that was not the case, I do apologise.

Regardless of the GF of last year, there are only two possibilities for the outcome of this game:
    - if the players turn up like they did against Port, we will probably win (providing our attack is more efficient with their kicking).
    - if the players turn up like they did against Freo, we will probably loose (poor decisions in defence by Shaw, Grundy and Rampe are becoming a liability)

Overall, we need to remember that our attack is probably the worst of all top 8 sides in ability to score and our defence is getting worse and we'll have to improve either of them to outscore the Hawks. The weather factor is not taken into account for above scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Outstanding...ahhh..the decision making of Matthews...sweet memories
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast