If there's no injuries then...

Outs. Towers
    Ins. Bird

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    If there's no injuries then...

Outs. Towers
    Ins. Bird
    Agree. I can't see Towers having an impact in a game against Hawthorn. Bird is not the ideal sub, but not sure who else it'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree. I can't see Towers having an impact in a game against Hawthorn. Bird is not the ideal sub, but not sure who else it'd be.
    Cunningham?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'd be very happy to see Bird go in, but otherwise I wouldn't mind giving a guernsey to one of the ressies who's been doing well - perhaps Robinson - and leave him there for a couple of matches. The experience would be beneficial to both player and team.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Cunningham in for Towers and Goodes to sub.
    Give Harry the job on Brad Hill and let McGlynn run with Mitchell.
    Hawthorn cut us up with their kicking when we're not able to apply red hot pressure which is why I think Goodes is a liability and Bird isn't needed. Really excited to see how Tom Mitchell goes against the Hawks mids.

Possible out due to injury: Gary Rohan (ankle?), Cunnigham to replace him
    Out: Towers
    In: Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Cunningham in for Towers and Goodes to sub.
    Give Harry the job on Brad Hill and let McGlynn run with Mitchell.
    Hawthorn cut us up with their kicking when we're not able to apply red hot pressure which is why I think Goodes is a liability and Bird isn't needed. Really excited to see how Tom Mitchell goes against the Hawks mids.
    Generally agree with this. McGlynn is a better tagger than Bird and with Mitchell playing so well there really isn't a spot for him atm.

Hard to know what to do about the sub, whether Goodes stays in the 21 or goes back to sub. It may come down to whether we feel Hill needs a tag or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'd be very happy to see Bird go in, but otherwise I wouldn't mind giving a guernsey to one of the ressies who's been doing well - perhaps Robinson - and leave him there for a couple of matches. The experience would be beneficial to both player and team.
    Like your thinking!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Generally agree with this. McGlynn is a better tagger than Bird and with Mitchell playing so well there really isn't a spot for him atm.
    Benny had a great game on Selwood last night but over the last year or two I think Bird is the better defensive, tagging midfielder. That could bedown to McGlynn having a bit of a rough run with injuries. I think that Bird is similar to Smooch in that you don't notice how well they are playing because they tend to take their "man" out of the game/spotlight. Bird has only really stood out when snapping some great goals on the run.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

No change

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No change
    Will Towers start or be the sub again?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Cunningham?
    I think we need to play our hardest 22 senior players, and that means Bird over Cunningham (and Towers). Also, Bird's form was barely off when he was dropped; Cunningham's form has been off all year.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast