Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Well I hate Sam Mitchell too , but only because he plays for them . He's bloody amazing , he can find space in a phone box .

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Well I hate Sam Mitchell too , but only because he plays for them . He's bloody amazing , he can find space in a phone box .
    Sam Mitchells 3rd quarter was huge. Well done Tom Mitchell in the last keeping him quiet.

I am not getting carried away by tonight's win. It was good but they had 18 more inside 50's plus 6 more scoring shots. We waste the ball too much around the ground. We handball too much to players under pressure and we kick short passes like they are dollies. Bloody frustrating. Love the win but lament the lack of good ball. We need to get the ball and use it well. Hawks will not spray the ball in front of goal again believe me. We have to control the ball more.

Dane Rampe needs to have his pills put in a ball cruncher. His kick outs were disgraceful and he was not wonderful tonight. He had his moments but...

Rhyce Shaw had a lot of scoring shots against him tonight. Who was the brains trust that decided that Rhyce should play on Cyril at one stage? Bloody fool. The worst close defender in the game on the most damaging small man to ever play the game. Other than Nick Davis of course.

The umpires get a big BLLLLLLLOOOUUUU!!!! We hate you gnome yes we do! OOOps that should be McInerney. Some of the decisions that weren't made were staggering. Several incorrect disposal non decisions and some very dodgy frees for interference in the ruck as well as the pushes we were not given that would have put us further ahead.

We won and that is all that counts at this stage but we have to improve. We must get better at disposing of the ball. We must run harder and create more pressure for a whole game not just part.

Enjoy & next week we need to make a real impact by blowing Carlton away.

Any problems for McVeigh with the MRP? What do people think?

Also: can I get some clarity about shepherding the man on the mark? It seems like the Hawks were doing it constantly but when Grundy did it once we got reprimanded.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Great effort can't fault it but still think we were lucky to get away with it especially at the end. Not only with the Rioli fumble but the Breust and Gunston misses, two guys who are renowned for their accuracy. In the last quarter We had 6 inside 50s for 3.0 while they had 14 entries for 1.4

Still I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Might get a week but who cares. Only Carlscum next week, give Zac Jones a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Great effort can't fault it but still think we were lucky to get away with it especially at the end. Not only with the Rioli fumble but the Breust and Gunston misses, two guys who are renowned for their accuracy. In the last quarter We had 6 inside 50s for 3.0 while they had 14 entries for 1.4

Still I'll take it
    Yep , it's giving me a headache . I'll get the paper off the front lawn in the morning and double check the result .

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post

Also: can I get some clarity about shepherding the man on the mark? It seems like the Hawks were doing it constantly but when Grundy did it once we got reprimanded.
    Not sure which incident that was with mcveigh, but have to comment on his immense last quarter - he single handedly dragged us back into it when midway through the last quarter we looked gone
    Bravo mcveigh, you are often criticised by many but stood up to be counted tonight.

oh and the love in in just about every article about rioli is nauseating....... its like we didnt have any good players or anything - cough cough hannebery 36 disposals.
    Last edited by mcs; 24th May 2015 at 12:50 AM.

As per page 10... woohoo

Encouraged by Reids recent form. Haven't seen a rough and tumble first quarter like that for a while. I thought McVeigh would add composure in defence but geez, our short to mid kick ins can be disastrous. Rampe was better but has lost confidence. Goodes - welcome back. Shaw? hmmmm, seems the most vulnerable one best 22-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

As per page 10... woohoo

Encouraged by Reids recent form. Haven't seen a rough and tumble first quarter like that for a while. I thought McVeigh would add composure in defence but geez, our short to mid kick ins can be disastrous. Rampe was better but has lost confidence. Goodes - welcome back. Shaw? hmmmm, seems the most vulnerable one best 22-wise.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Loved Reids game first and foremost.

Nothing from Kizza Franklin and Kennedy has much better in him but 4 points banked. We won't play the Hawks in the gf this year.

Was important to start the way we did and I thought after the free against Lloyd we were done but we stuck in there.

Goodes is back. McVeigh critical at the end.

Such an important win.
    Jack 11 tackles was something. I reckon we'll play them in the grand final.

I think McVeigh was going for a chest thump like Johnson was.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Jack 11 tackles was something. I reckon we'll play them in the grand final.
    There's a purple team from the west looking ok too!!
    Swannies for life!