Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

On the Rookie List
    I liked Rampe's positioning in defence in a one on one contest this week. The one on one with Gunston where he won the footy (bit then over played his hand and got caught holding the ball) displayed his development over his couple of years in league footy. He used to infuriate me getting caught on the wrong side - but I thought he was really solid on Saturday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I was glad to see Jetts get a $1,500 fine for his involvement in one of the melees too - good to see a bit of aggression in his game.
    That is a terrible thing to say......and exactly what I was thinking , too!

Now , if we can just get Sam involved in a scrap....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    PFFFFT! Try Round 7, 2015, Sydney def Geelong

Tom Mitchell 33 disposals, three goals, 4 marks, 4 tackles

Best players according to the AFL website ...

Sydney Swans: Parker, McGlynn, Franklin, McVeigh, Kennedy, Hannebery
    Yeah I saw that too and was gobsmacked.............unbelievable!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I for one will be taking a pot shot at Reg. He is soft!!!!!!! I cannot stand players who pull out of a contest. It was about half way through the last qtr. We had a 3 on one situation on the outer wing and Reg had the opportunity to throw his body into the contest with the one Hawthorn player. The ball would have likely spilled free to one of our two other players and we would have been off. But he pulled out of the contest, the Hawthorn player won the ball and and it ended up with Grundy's direct opponent in Gunston. Grundy slowly walked back to the goal line with his tail between his legs because he knew what he had done. Thankfully Gunston only kicked a point. There are no excuses for pulling out of a contest. It is just soft and he should be embarrassed. Did anyone else notice this? Other than that he had a reasonable game. But he is still soft.
    Yes, I did, and like you, was not impressed at all. I immediately thought "not Bloods standard, Reg!", followed by great relief when Gunston missed....might be brought up in the game review I reckon.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    That is a terrible thing to say......and exactly what I was thinking , too!

Sammie was by Jetta's side in that same scrap. Check the photo that links to the MRP article, titled 'When thing get nasty' on the AFL website. That box is ticked!

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post

Very true. Would love to see some passion and personality from Reid.
    Plopping his chest in a players face will help his confidence, which to me is the biggest thing lacking from his game at the moment.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    With all the disbelief about Rioli fumbling that last ball, strange no one has commented on the 6'3" bloke coming behind who swoops it up and shoots out a left hand handball in the blink of an eye.
    Reid had a few really good, clean pick-ups below his knees. His ability to get low and grab the pill then get his arms up quickly to shoot off the handball makes me think that he's been studying Joey's tapes. Genuinely excited about what the rest of 2015 can bring for big Sammy if he continues to gain confidence. Don't undersell him either, he's 6'5''
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Why were the Hawks allowed to continually stop us from playing on without giving us 50 metres., it was very frustrating
    I found this particular non-decision very frustrating particularly after the two decisions the previous week and the lack of outrage from the commentators. LOL

I really enjoyed the bump by Jetta on Jordan Lewis behind play ---- Jordan went flying along the ground

We are playing well but my gut feeling is that when the likes of Cyril turn it up ........well we simply do not have anyone close to his abilities

I prefer the list of Hawthorn if I am being purely objective re talent but I love the way we get the most out of our team most weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We are playing well but my gut feeling is that when the likes of Cyril turn it up ........well we simply do not have anyone close to his abilities
    Franklin
    (and the Goodes of ol')

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I really enjoyed the bump by Jetta on Jordan Lewis behind play ---- Jordan went flying along the ground

I prefer the list of Hawthorn if I am being purely objective re talent but I love the way we get the most out of our team most weeks
    Cyril is a genuine gamebreaker, but in the past his old captain Nick Smith has been able to curtail his influence.

And thinking of raw talent, I think Heeney has a few things to show us.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Just saw the end of the game and the crowd noise after the siren was unbelievable!

I managed to get the back of my head on tv when they were showing the players celebrating ????.
    Most definitely a roar of great relief I feel - and one of great enjoyment, to give it back to the Hawks fans, even if just a little bit (just wait for the roar if we go all the way and achieve true redemption on the biggest stage!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Great to Jarad play so well with the team down by 2 goals, his actions and leadership dragged the side back into the game allowing to hit the front and provided the confidence and belief to win the game. That type of leadership turns very good men to a team with belief.
    Spot on Wauchope - ignoring the performance overall, just the result will help build great belief in the team, in particular about being able to come back from being behind by a couple of goals late on. Likewise, the Hawks losing their 4th game by less than 2 kicks, including being run over the top of a couple of times, will have them questioning their belief as well to win the close ones. I hope that trend continues - it would only take them losing another 1 or 2 close ones unexpectedly and they could very well miss the 4, they have no room to move now really on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that is true - but as you say, when we are playing well, we make the total performance of our team to be far greater than the sum of the parts. Its the best quality of the Swans, and we've had it for a long time now. Look at the 2005 list - some genuine superstars and fantastic players, but a lot of mid tier quality players at best, and others that would be nothing but no hopers at other clubs.

The ability of our club to get the very best out of most of the guys that go through the club is what makes me really proud to be a Swans fan.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."