Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I think the AFL web-site's player of the round poll had Sam Mitchell as the choice from our game.
    Yes, Undy, maybe they marked him up for elbowing Tom Mitchell in the head? Or maybe they got a bit confused and included some of Tom's stats in his stats?

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Why were the Hawks allowed to continually stop us from playing on without giving us 50 metres., it was very frustrating
    Yes, it's particularly irritating when they come from the wrong side of the mark and then bizarrely, the umpires then seem to think that this entitles them to stand a metre or two over the mark!?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Undy, maybe they marked him up for elbowing Tom Mitchell in the head? Or maybe they got a bit confused and included some of Tom's stats in his stats?
    Is hasn't really been talked in the media or on here about but I feel Sam Mitchell was pretty lucky to not get rubbed out for that hit on Tommy, it didn't look great on the Tv

I think that it was the right decision re Sam Mitchell

Agree the hit was almost off to the judiciary on Tom though and would have most likely if a standard game with less niggle and intensity

The swans and Hawks never stopped all night with the niggle.....I think it would have been unfair given Sam was cornered all night - body checks , grappling, head locks etc

Brad Sewell is on the match review committee , and they have dropped the points based system in favor or an arbitrary one. Not hard to see where this will end up .

Fairness doesn't apply to this area of AFL operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Is hasn't really been talked in the media or on here about but I feel Sam Mitchell was pretty lucky to not get rubbed out for that hit on Tommy, it didn't look great on the Tv
    Sam Mitchell has a left over easter egg in his locker and after every training session, he breaks a tiny piece off and eats it in front of his teammates. He's that sort of bloke.

Phew, that was a bit closer than I expected... Welcome back 2012, my old friend! Finally, Swans' hierarchy might acknowledge our most recent premiership was no fluke after all. Oh, and for any Hawthorn apologists out there claiming they were unlucky to lose (again), yeah nah. Rioli fumbled and Reid didn't. That ain't luck, just playing better than your opponent at a crucial point in the game. Win enough of those moments and stats schmats, we triumph anyway! The sweetest victories are made of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    5 Comments

1. I think Brian Taylor now barracks for Hawthorn

2. Sam Reid is a forward, not a backman

3. McVeigh is a concern and defs should not be kicking out

4. The Swans are playing like I'm sure they wish management were acting

5. I'd love to see Buddy run through the Hawks huddle at 3/4 time ala Brereton
    Just like to again state my case for Reid as a forward.

Starting to think that the Swans could do worse than swap Reid and Tippett through the ruck and FF
    If Nankervis continues to show the right stuff we may start to have a bit of a height problem...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425