Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Grey gloomy and bloody cold here today. I suppose at least it's not raining yet. I reckon Towers gets the sub vest again although Longmires need for speed might see Goodesy in the vest. Time to light the fire and settle in with a good bottle of something for what could be a long night. Go Swannies!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but towers isn't playing? Cunningham is in?

Bingo

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well if Towers is a late in and starts sub then we can conclude that aardvark is Horse

have a good feeling about this one, especially with schoenmakers still in, that was a big call by the hawks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Grey gloomy and bloody cold here today. I suppose at least it's not raining yet. I reckon Towers gets the sub vest again although Longmires need for speed might see Goodesy in the vest. Time to light the fire and settle in with a good bottle of something for what could be a long night. Go Swannies!
    No idea where you are, but it's a beautiful day here in my part of Melbourne.

Veterans List
    Getting nervous for the game already!

Not looking forward sitting next to arrogant Hawks supporters.

I have a feeling there might be a melee before the first bounce!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Well if Towers is a late in and starts sub then we can conclude that aardvark is Horse
    I can guarantee you Aardvark is in no shape or form Horse. Cunningham/Towers same thing really, easy to get mixed up.

Also it's still grey and gloomy down here, 150k south west of Melbourne. Glad to hear it's sunny up there.

It's warm and sunny at Sydney's Olympic Park Grand Parade Spotless Arena watching the young Giants blouse The Crows .
    They all run like rabbits and nail lots of goals ..

Veterans List
    I see the umpires are: Simon Meredith (21), Troy Pannell (28), Shane McInerney (30), emergency Ben Ryan (27). Good to see no Stevic, but is one of those three that bald POS who hasn't got a clue and doesn't like us? I keep forgetting his name....

For my sins, I finally rewatched our last game of 2014 though I needn't've bothered, it's seared in my mind forever. Seeing the Hawks spread when they had the ball and playing mano a mano when they didn't while we did neither still burns. Horse at half time saying we would take them on... yeah, right. Shootouts are for cowboys and not how we've ever wrestled back control of a game. Shoulda suffocated them, given no room to breathe or take a mark.
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Why we could lose:
    All last year, we relied too much on opposition turnovers. Not only didn't this work in the Grand Final, we turned the ball over ourselves kicking off a disturbing trend that's plagued us ever since. We're good on the ground so they'll keep the ball in the air. We've spent years developing an effective strategy to counter their hot potato game style and little to show for it.

Why we will win:
    We are the Bloods. 'Nuff said. SMFC by 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It's warm and sunny at Sydney's Olympic Park Grand Parade Spotless Arena watching the young Giants blouse The Crows .
    They all run like rabbits and nail lots of goals ..
    Is it too early to dream of an all sydney grand final?

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast