Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 9 V Carlton.

Blog Entries
    Out: Shaw
    In: Jones.

Rest no one.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    We've got a bye in the not too distant future we don't need to be resting anyone. We should be using a game like this to try and get guys like Buddy and Pyke into form.
    If Rohan is injured then give Robinson or Jones a game as sub...if not then no change.
    McVeigh with absolutely nothing to worry about.

I'm always surprised and somewhat amused when people call for significant changes after a win like that. No changes for me unless there are injuries or suspensions, especially given the reserves had a bye.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I'd give Lloyd a rest, he was clearly limping in the 4th with his ankle injury.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Watching the Dees Nathan Jones play we can only hope like reported that Jones Jnr has some of his attributes! We need to get him in the side and give him some games because if he has the heart of his brother then we'll have another beauty!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    ... our defence worries me never been impressed with grundy now shaw is way off form and laidler is still too slow.
    Reg had one his better games last night. Was solid, not a lot got past him and his kicking was not the usual "please let it go to one of our boys", he was nailing his passes.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Wow! Given we have the 2nd lowest 'points against" in the league, how do you feel about 16 other teams' defences?
    They are probably all faster than our boys.
    Given the ease at which the Hawks were able to find open team mates around the 60-70m from goal area, I feel our defenders did a pretty good job. Our midfield did not man-up when the Hawks were on a roll allowing good entry options into their forwards. Wayward shots at goal helped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm always surprised and somewhat amused when people call for significant changes after a win like that. No changes for me unless there are injuries or suspensions, especially given the reserves had a bye.
    Agreed. only changes for injury this week. Rohan and Lloyd? Bird in for Rohan with Kizza to take Rohan's spot on the wing and Bird to play on the inside. Newman in for Lloyd, Newman (if fit enough) will allow Macca to not have to play in the back half so much.
    Macca, Parker and Kennedy all can push forward and use the Tippo-Buddy decoys to have unhindered shots on goal.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Whats the injury to Rohan ?

We are playing the worst team in the league. Gibbs and Judd are both likely to miss. Our senior players must be sore after that brutal physical game against Hawthorn. And there's a 6 day break.

If there was ever a good opportunity to rest any players with fitness problems and play a few young players, this is it. I would bring in Naismith, Jones and Robinson at a minimum.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    With Gibbs and Judd out, its a good time to experiment. Give Shaw as omitted and a injury rest for rohan, Lylod.Pyke - Bring in Jones, Robinson, Naismith and hewett.

Just a pint on Tippett- Am I the only swans supporter who is disappointed with Tippett's efforts this year. He seem to play one quarter of good footy then goes missing|!!

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    With Gibbs and Judd out, its a good time to experiment. Give Shaw as omitted and a injury rest for rohan, Lylod.Pyke - Bring in Jones, Robinson, Naismith and hewett.

Just a pint on Tippett- Am I the only swans supporter who is disappointed with Tippett's efforts this year. He seem to play one quarter of good footy then goes missing|!!
    I agree with Tippett, whilst he clearly is doing a role for the team I just don't see him making the impact on games players being paid $1m a year should make

I wouldn't make too many changes but any players carrying a niggle should be given a rest - I would hope that would allow Jones and Robinson a game and maybe Hewitt if it's three out

We only need to name one player to take on the Blues this week: the mighty 26 man-child Luke Parker! How good is he going? But seriously, it would be good to manage a few players and blood some newbees like Robbo, Marsh, Hewie or give Jones, B Jack the green light again.

Tippets next contract we will be $400k per year

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast