Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 9 V Carlton.

Is Tippett our new Jesse White?

Not at all. He's easily in our best 22. Probably top 15. But not worth $1m of cap space.

And anyway, where is he going to go ?

My understanding was tippy was on $1m pa first two seasons as we needed to ensure no other team could out bid us when he wanted to come to the swans

Then nxt two seasons only $400k pa

Ie $700k pa as an average over 4 yrs

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    One aspect of Tippett's presence that the naysayers haven't mentioned is that apart from making a decent contribution - even if not worth a million - is that he makes life much easier for Buddy and ensures we have a respectable forward set-up. And he has now added regular stints in the ruck, at which he is going OK. But it sounds as if some people want him to sprout wings.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Please add all Tippett talk to the appropriate thread. It's still fairly brief.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Tippett and Franklin were brilliant on the weekend. The Hawks weren't prepared for $2m of talent to be used as decoys. That tactic probably won't work again so the only change I'd make is for those 2 to get involved this week. ????
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Tippett and Franklin were brilliant on the weekend. The Hawks weren't prepared for $2m of talent to be used as decoys. That tactic probably won't work again so the only change I'd make is for those 2 to get involved this week. ????
    Whilst I see the wink hasn't it been good over the last few weeks to see more goals spread among our other players. Especially the midfielders because they are vital to our chances.

And I'm loving seeing Sam Reid find a bit of form

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Whilst I see the wink hasn't it been good over the last few weeks to see more goals spread among our other players. Especially the midfielders because they are vital to our chances.

And I'm loving seeing Sam Reid find a bit of form
    Yep...We won a flag based on having a spread of goal kickers each game. Getting that back and having guys like Franklin and Tippett chime make us a scary proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Tippets next contract we will be $400k per year
    I think we'll look to trade him while he still has some value, one of teh younger ruckmen should be ready by then.
    As far as it goes, we are playing Carlton, we could send in hte ressies and still win
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

There is no way in gods green earth we would trade Tippett. He's still a very good player.

A club like Sydney only trades away if the player wants to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I think we'll look to trade him while he still has some value, one of teh younger ruckmen should be ready by then.
    As far as it goes, we are playing Carlton, we could send in hte ressies and still win
    I wouldn't be so confident about it. If the Carlton sacks Malthouse and appoints a caretaker coach, the Carlton players will come out with all guns blazing to impress a new coach. Especially if it rains again as predicted, anything is possible, so we should be cautious with our predictions.

If Buddy's rumoured ankle injury is legit I'd give him a rest a long with Lloyd who I think has been looking a bit sore. Shaw has been woeful for a while now and would love to see another youngster get a run instead of. So for me:

Outs: Buddy (rested), Lloyd (rested), Shaw (omitted)
    Ins: Zak Jones, Bird, H. Marsh

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast