Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 9 V Carlton.

Changes for Rnd 9 V Carlton.

Could be a few changes this week.

How about? Outs. Goodes (rest), Rohan (injured), McVeigh (suspended), and Shaw (omitted).

Ins might be Jones, probably Towers although i'm not a fan, Naismith and Robinson.

I'm not sure if we'll rest Goodesy (or anyone for that matter) after his best performance. I'd like to see Jones in for Shaw but given he wasn't even an emergency I doubt the club sees it the way most of us do. I'd also like to see Naismith given a chance to replace Pyke but I have the feeling it won't happen this year unless something drastic happens.

Veterans List
    Mitchell out - must be due to be dropped!

No changes, assuming Rohan was some kind of cramp issue?

Does Naismith have the tank to run out a full game.? The small amount of game time he had last year had him blowing up after about a quarter. If he were to play, isn't he more likely to play in tandem with Pyke, rather than instead of Pyke. although Tippett hasn't done enough to need a rest.
    Last edited by cherub; 24th May 2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: autocorrect crazy

Buddy rested, Naismith and Pyke to ruck.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    Goodes was terrific last night. His best game all year. Pressure and skill from him was worthy of playing next week

Buddy was down from his usual form. He scored only 46 dream team points which is most unusual for him even if he doesn't score. He must be carrying an injury. I think he should be rested for a week or two. If he was at his best last night we would have won more comfortably.

The defence by and large did pretty well. Grundy was much improved and ted was solid. It's hard to defend against the brilliance of Rioli so those defending lapses are excusable. Shaw was the weakest and has little upside at present. We should be be lying at jones over the next few weeks.

Major injuries aside my changes would be.

OUT: franklin ( rested) shaw ( omitted but maybe disguised as rested)

IN: Naismith Jones

Give Naismith a game as a forward where he can play his way into a senior role. Give jones game down back in shaws role.

If Rohan is injured then Cunningham should come in for the full game. I would then like to see Robinson given a game as sub.
    Last edited by aguy; 24th May 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Doubt Goodes will be dropped after that game, which if he can play like that every week, he doesn't need to be dropped, just got to keep his work ethic up which has been his main problem I think.

I'd rather see Jones or Towers in rather than Cunningham, he just doesn't do enough for me.

No disrespect for Carlton, because you never know when a team will decide to turn up and turn it on, but we should use this and the following game vs GC to see a few new players. Judd almost certain not to play as well.

Naismith in the Pyke, who has not traveled well this year. We need to see what Naismith can do at senior level. It can hardly get worse than what Mike is giving us. The risk is very low.

Jones in for Shaw, who is doing well enough, but we need to find something new in our defence. I'm sure Jones will be a very good player and we should give him a couple of games to prove it.

Robinson in for Cunningham. Robbo has waited long enough. Give him a game, even if it's as the sub.

Heeney will probably be back after the bye and it will be harder to get games for other midfielders. At some point we should give Hewett a go as well and I suppose Harry Marsh has earned a chance as well. Whenever I see Sam Mitchell and how effective it is to have such superb 2 sided kicking I think of how good Hewett could be.

It will be difficult for Bird to get back in the lineup with Mitchell playing so well. If Tom could only kick a little bit on his right he would be a much improved player.

After such a hard game we may well be down next week. Our rested reserves players may well do a better job than our regular senior players.

It's too early in the season to rest players. Unless there are niggling injures to take care off, I don't expect any changes to the side.

Warming the Bench
    forget resting,they are pro 24/7 footballers and they all want to play every week. our defence worries me never been impressed with grundy now shaw is way off form and laidler is still too slow.
    hope rohan is fit.like to see any of jones,robinson or Hewitt given a chance
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Laidler is a good defender and hard and tough. We need that type of player. Not that slow and generally sound with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    forget resting,they are pro 24/7 footballers and they all want to play every week. our defence worries me never been impressed with grundy now shaw is way off form and laidler is still too slow.
    hope rohan is fit.like to see any of jones,robinson or Hewitt given a chance
    Wow! Given we have the 2nd lowest 'points against" in the league, how do you feel about 16 other teams' defences?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast