Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuey Dew to Carlton?

Man... Dew just really doesn't want to be at the swans, does he?

Surely Ratten is a good option. Premiership assistant coach. On more Swans related talent, surely Leigh Tudor is another option for on their list. Blakey is another..

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks aguy. Surprising Mark Stevens doesn't know this too. Makes sense. How can it work for one club to pinch another's coach mid-season? That said, Josh Kennedy, who was on the panel at the same time did not dismiss the idea outright but only said it was the first he'd heard of it, that Study would be a big loss and would "definitely, definitely" make a great senior coach
    Really? Based on what I've seen, Mark Stevens wouldn't know his a**hole from a hole in the ground. He's probably just decided to make something up, then call it "speculation" and rely on his colleagues at the Hun and Fox Footy to turn it into a story.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Really? Based on what I've seen, Mark Stevens wouldn't know his a**hole from a hole in the ground. He's probably just decided to make something up, then call it "speculation" and rely on his colleagues at the Hun and Fox Footy to turn it into a story.
    Any story emanating from Stevens is almost guaranteed to be rolled gold bull@@@@.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Further to what you wrote, 707, I see that in afl.com.au's reporting about this today. Some excerpts from they have written suggest that there is a question mark about whether an assistant coach could leave mid-season to take up a post with the Blues:

"Rather than contact candidates directly, the Blues have agreed to make their first approach through CEO Steven Trigg to the rival club's CEO to avoid any "inter-club stoushes". If the eventual successful candidate is not interim coach John Barker, there has also been a push from senior coaches to be able to retain their assistant coach until the end of the season...
    ...Given the important roles played by coaches like Harvey, who is Nathan Buckley's senior assistant, clubs pushed last week to have the final call on whether the successful candidate stayed with them until the end of the season."

So maybe it is not entirely clear cut? Anyway, looks decreasingly likely that we will face Stuey's mid-season departure, which is a relief.

If Stuey did leave for Carlton, I wonder who would replace him. I guess Blakey is our next most senior coach. But given he was seemingly overtaken by Dew would we look to someone else? Francou seems to have made a good start but is probably too new to step up as senior assistant coach. Our other coaches don't seem to be viewed as potential senior coach material, at this stage anyway.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I have a feeling that Coach Crouch may be our next seniors' coach - eventually. I'm not in any hurry to see Horse retire.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Please read my post earlier, the AFL rule does not allow Assistant Coaches to be approached by other teams until AFTER their current season finishes with their current team. Dew cannot be approached until after the Swans have finished their year, hopefully after the GF.
    That rule applies to players as well but plenty are approached well before seasons end......
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12