Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sydney Swans Reserves v Brisbane Lions Reserves @ Newcastle

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    They all played reasonably well but as Crouch said didn't really put in more than was required until the last quarter. I'm probably most disappointed that none of the fringe players in Bird, Hewett, Towers, Naismith had outstanding games that would have put their names forward for next week's game.

Senior Player
    Just watched the highlights on the web site. Looks like chalk and cheese compared to afl level. I guess Brisbane aren't the best neafl team so it's not surprising. yet another struggle the northern clubs have as the vfl seems a much higher standard training ground for the youngsters.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Just watched the highlights on the web site. Looks like chalk and cheese compared to afl level. I guess Brisbane aren't the best neafl team so it's not surprising. yet another struggle the northern clubs have as the vfl seems a much higher standard training ground for the youngsters.
    I'm not sure how you can tell anything about the standard of the NEAFL from that highlight package. Did they get the work experience kid, who's never actually watched a game of footy, to put that together? It essentially just shows a series of routine set shot kicking, most of them from very slight angles. Only the Hiscox and McLaren kicks look worthy of being on a highlights package.

Looks like they just nabbed the goalkicking coach's highlights video for the week. They even managed to omit Rose's excellent mark, but snuck in the subsequent mundane kick at goal. Hopefully NEAFL TV will have better highlights.
    Last edited by ugg; 2nd June 2015 at 12:49 AM.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Yeh this is definitely a low-point for the Swans media, those highlights are all completely pointless.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Yeh this is definitely a low-point for the Swans media, those highlights are all completely pointless.
    Agreed. What I really want to see are the contests. See how hard our boys were at the ball

Ours is the first game shown. A little better than the SwansTV highlights, but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Gee they are promising stats for Abe Davis - great to see him doing well!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Abe Davis 30 possessions and only two clangers, good in both respects. Our next giant midfielder when Reid becomes a permanent CHB?

Disappointed in the 13 clangers for my boy Hewett, clean up your disposal son!

Surely Nankervis must be given a run soon, his numbers always appear impressive. Fear that if no debut after two years he may abscond elsewhere for a bag of chips in return :-(

I think the CL stands for Clearances. So that would give George Hewett a nice day out with 35 disposals and 13 clearances.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123