Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Booing of Adam Goodes by fans of Melbourne clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    It wasn't great. Obviously you take the 4 points but I hate to think what the result would have been with pretty much any other side in the comp. Would rather have won by 2 points and showed some good, consistent , clean football.
    Wrong thread.....

It was embarrassing at the ground when the Suns supporters booed him, I am sure 90% have no idea why, herd mentality as mentioned before.
    What was really good was the way the Swans supporters starred to Cheer whenever Goodes got the ball.
    It drowned out a lot of the boos.
    By the way there was no way there was 13000 people there.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A humorous look, with a mild sting in the tail:

Please, can we serve up the boos for the right occasion
    Last edited by ScottH; 7th June 2015 at 08:39 PM. Reason: corrected link
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Just watched his episode of Awakenings & Goodsey was asked if he might go on after this year. He didn't rule it out. This year (so far) has better than last year. Is there any chance he does go on? (not should he, but could he?)

He SHOULD if he wants to.
    From everything I hear about Goodes, he is a professional athlete who knows his abilities and fitness etc pretty well.
    Redemption has come for him this year so far in playing on.
    I wondered if he should, and if he was going a year too long, but his decision was sound.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Was that the Stan Grant interview on NITV? When I watched that earlier in the week I got the impression it had been recorded some time ago, possibly after the NAB matches but before the season proper. A lot of water under the bridge since then - which is not to say that Adam would answer any differently if asked today but his thinking may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    He SHOULD if he wants to.
    From everything I hear about Goodes, he is a professional athlete who knows his abilities and fitness etc pretty well.
    Redemption has come for him this year so far in playing on.
    I wondered if he should, and if he was going a year too long, but his decision was sound.
    I was convinced he was playing a season too long but I am happy to be proved wrong though I will judge him on his form over the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I don't think people realise just how they are exposing their true colours. Uncle Adam makes me think. I don't agree with everything but I respect him, big time. And I have learned all about casual racism, for which I thank him. Very careful with how I react/respond and actually think these days.

I also love him.

The booing has reached pantomime really. If you asked them why, they wouldn't have a clue, it's just "funny" at the footy. But enough is enough. Hopefully they will get bored with it, or forget. I hope so. the thought of him doing the parade around the MCG at the end of his career isn't worth thinking about right now.
    He wont need to do a parade lap if we get things right.... his last action if the boys do their job will be him becoming a triple premiership player on the podium....

the booing last night was herd mentality as it will be everywhere else around the country- pathetic way to honour a champion of our game, every bit as good as judd - and they didnt boo him off the ground yesterday....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Was at the game and the crowd was about 50% Swans, particularly in the outer, hardly a Sun supporter to be seen.

Were cheered and clapped loudly every time Goodes got the ball to try and neutralise the Suns crowd booing. On the TV the sound mikes would have been in the Suns grandstand so you would have heard the booing more than the cheering.

Adam made a big point of thanking all the Swans supporters after the game, we cheered loudly in response to his clapping us. It is becoming mindlessly boring, sad that it's infected non Melbourne games.

That's great 707. Watching on TV I saw Adam take his boots off and walk in his socks over towards the crowd but the camera didn't follow him any further. Pleased to hear your story.
    The size of the Suns' support is a worry although not surprising given the state the club is in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That's great 707. Watching on TV I saw Adam take his boots off and walk in his socks over towards the crowd but the camera didn't follow him any further. Pleased to hear your story.
    The size of the Suns' support is a worry although not surprising given the state the club is in at the moment.
    Its not exactly cheap for the casual fan up there either to get into the ground - if your not a member, its a pretty expensive day out at the footy at Metricon.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Was at the game and the crowd was about 50% Swans, particularly in the outer, hardly a Sun supporter to be seen.

Were cheered and clapped loudly every time Goodes got the ball to try and neutralise the Suns crowd booing. On the TV the sound mikes would have been in the Suns grandstand so you would have heard the booing more than the cheering.

Adam made a big point of thanking all the Swans supporters after the game, we cheered loudly in response to his clapping us. It is becoming mindlessly boring, sad that it's infected non Melbourne games.
    Yes, 707, I was also at that game, and I did also make a point earlier in this thread or on another thread, that I was quite surprised, when later watching the game on TV, just how loud the booing seemed. And after I wrote that earlier post, I did also wonder if the mikes were largely where the Suns supporters were. Or in a slightly more paranoid mode of thinking, I did wonder if the commercial media broadcasters were doing a bit of selective editing to play up a controversy. Probably not, but on the other hand, I wouldn't be the first time.