Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Booing of Adam Goodes by fans of Melbourne clubs

Should just say 'keep booing as it is having a positive effect on Adam'

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    I see the racists and white supremacists out in force on the Telegraph Sport's Facebook page thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Swan View Post
    Andrew Ireland has teed off on the boo brigade and their apologists.

Adam Goodes booing has racial undertones, says Sydney Swans CEO Andrew Ireland
    I'd have said they were overtones rather than undertones.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Get over it......when I grew up there was a saying, and I'm sure you've heard it, if not, you must be a youngin' tainted by the age of 'Political Correctness', and that saying was, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me!". Worked well for me, seems to work well for Adam, and the current generation would do well to follow this creed, in the hope that everyone's skin may just thicken a bit. Frankly, mock outrage is tiresome , but to be genuinely outraged by this is just sad.....
    Ironically these were the exact words that emblazoned the Collingwood banner in response to the Monkhorst - Long incident back in the early 90s, which in part led to the racial vilification code.

The term 'political correctness' incidentally has become a tired old clich�. The political climate has changed dramatically since the origins of this term. I would argue that to be politically correct these days you would need to have an issue with minority groups, blame the victim, and champion the coal industry.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Goodes booig is a complex issue.

Some say they boo because he stages and slides. In reality he does this no more than any other player but some years ago there was a media campain against hin, led by the KKK Eddie, to highlight his actio ...which was racially motivated.

So, racist beeds racism.

This is what he is standing up for .

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post

The term 'political correctness' incidentally has become a tired old clich�. The political climate has changed dramatically since the origins of this term. I would argue that to be politically correct these days you would need to have an issue with minority groups, blame the victim, and champion the coal industry.
    So true !!

I was determined to ignore the negative comments on this subject but some of the comments on fb after Saturday night's game really made my blood boil. So (and I'm not proud of this) I weighed in with some hefty words of my own, which won't make a zot of difference, but the unfair comments and even lies are just too much to ignore. How Adam is doing it I just don't know, but I think all of us at the games should show the rest of the AFL world that we stand behind him. The "Goodsey" chant was fantastic and clearly heard on tv. I hope it continues for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    So true !!

I was determined to ignore the negative comments on this subject but some of the comments on fb after Saturday night's game really made my blood boil. So (and I'm not proud of this) I weighed in with some hefty words of my own, which won't make a zot of difference, but the unfair comments and even lies are just too much to ignore. How Adam is doing it I just don't know, but I think all of us at the games should show the rest of the AFL world that we stand behind him. The "Goodsey" chant was fantastic and clearly heard on tv. I hope it continues for the rest of the season.
    I've tried defending Goodes over Facebook too, but it's just not worth it anymore. It all falls on deaf ears, and it's just the same BS excuses each time.
    Cheering everytime Goodesy gets the ball is the best thing to do and hopefully the booing will stop receiving so much damn coverage.

The thing that keeps worrying me is when imagining IF we happen to win the flag, and Goodesy gets booed while receiving his Premiership medallion... that would be such a sad state for AFL and Australia as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    I've tried defending Goodes over Facebook too, but it's just not worth it anymore. It all falls on deaf ears, and it's just the same BS excuses each time.
    Cheering everytime Goodesy gets the ball is the best thing to do and hopefully the booing will stop receiving so much damn coverage.

The thing that keeps worrying me is when imagining IF we happen to win the flag, and Goodesy gets booed while receiving his Premiership medallion... that would be such a sad state for AFL and Australia as a whole.
    If that happened, that would cause a full on furore as the Grand Final usually gets beamed overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post

Let's be in absolutely no doubt, if we play Hawthorn and IF we win the GF Goodesy will be booed mercilessly all day and on the podium

And it will be a dreadfully sad day for Australia....

Happy and I know it
    I like Rohan Connolly's tweet.

rohan.jpg
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Let's be in absolutely no doubt, if we play Hawthorn and IF we win the GF Goodesy will be booed mercilessly all day and on the podium

And it will be a dreadfully sad day for Australia....
    I think it would be a great day for Australia. Let the light shine on what a racist country this is for all the world to see. Maybe this is only way to make any inroads on this terrible blight on this country.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I like Rohan Connolly's tweet.

rohan.jpg
    Something to really look forward to.