Thread: Article: Round 8 - Hawthorn v Sydney: Don't Hold Back

Warming the Bench

Article: Round 8 - Hawthorn v Sydney: Don't Hold Back

Well done again. Written in the spirit of the BLOODS. it is a pity that some of the self proclaimed AFL "experts" in the media cannot write and report as well as you

You left Pannell and McInerney out of Hawthorn's best.

I was very happy it was McVeigh kicking to Parker for the sealer ... There are a few who may have mangled that relatively simple but high pressure kick .

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I was very happy it was McVeigh kicking to Parker for the sealer ... There are a few who may have mangled that relatively simple but high pressure kick .
    Agreed It was a superb play by McVeigh. I screamed out 'Oh no!' when I saw the kick from McGlynn headed for Stratton - and then McVeigh calmly stepped in front of Stratton, marked and played on to Parker. Not too many other players would have had the composure to do all that.

Not to mention McVeigh's lovely little swagger when he went back to take his kick after out-muscling Suckling.

McVeigh was superb in each of those last three goals.

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Rob.

Not sure McInerney particularly likes us, Cherub!

Agree with Macca's composure and importance to that result. True leader.

Quite possibly Mcveigh's best performance as captain IMO, not necessarily in terms of raw stats or even being best on ground but just standing up in the key moments and showing intent right from the beginning. In a game that was obviously pretty important to our club and supporters, he was inspirational and really set the tone for that victory.