Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 - Hawthorn v Sydney: Don't Hold Back

Warming the Bench

Round 8 - Hawthorn v Sydney: Don't Hold Back

An incredibly one-sided match review. Just like the commentary on Saturday night, but this time the bias wears Red & White.

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/for...on-t-Hold-Back

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Great piece and a great song to match ????????
    The genuine dislike between the two sides is really adding another dimension to the season. I can't recall us having another rivalry like it, the west coast one was built around great games and mutual respect but this one has a different feel. Hawthorn are representing the entire state of Victoria in season 2015 (evidenced by the appalling commentary Saturday night) and they embody everything that is wrong with the boys club mentality of Melbourne. Andrew Newbold is nothing but a puppet to Eddie and Alastair Clarkson is an arrogant little campaigner.

Nothing would be more just than us beating them in a preliminary or grand final this year.

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Conor. The rivalry is immense these days. It illicits much emotion. Speaking of which, Up the Bloods!!!

In terms of the commentary, I totally agree that Darcy is biased and BT is incompetent and somewhat biased but I think Richo and Ling are reasonably fair and do a pretty decent job, especially considering who they have to work with.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    In terms of the commentary, I totally agree that Darcy is biased and BT is incompetent and somewhat biased but I think Richo and Ling are reasonably fair and do a pretty decent job, especially considering who they have to work with.
    Nup. I thought Richo was getting sucked into it a fair bit as well as the game went on. Lingy is all class however.

Yeh Richo is definitely dragged into it by the others but Lingy is as good a commentator as we have in the sport at the moment.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I dunno if Hawthorn represents all of VIC, a few other VIC supporters were just as happy the Swans beat the Hawks this weekend.

Senior Player
    Yep people were loving it at work here. Hawks fans ego's are rubbing everyone the wrong way.

But don't let us stop the anti-victorian circle jerk...

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I dunno if Hawthorn represents all of VIC, a few other VIC supporters were just as happy the Swans beat the Hawks this weekend.
    Definitely Geelong supporters! They hate the Hawks as much as we do

Regular in the Side
    Agree Doc ... Richo and Lingy deserve better than the other 2 ... almost impossible but Darcy is worse than BT ... who I thought was better than usual (which is not saying much!) ... Darcy is just off the planet ... but then so is Dwayne Russell & they keep paying him the big bucks ... amazes me they can keep their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Definitely Geelong supporters! They hate the Hawks as much as we do
    Bingo haha

Darcy's redeeming feature is that he seems to want to talk about the footy. BT just spouts whatever is in his head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast