Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Rose

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=Blood Fever;777222]
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Rose getting a bit of love and attention since his game on the weekend:

Is a forgotten Swan the key to their resurgence up the ladder?
    Persistence personified - sydneyswans.com.au
    Breezey Minute - James Rose - sydneyswans.com.au[/QUOTE

If he stays in, he certainly gives versatility. Played forward, back and midfield Sunday probably out of necessity but did ok.
    Is be the new Troy Luff?

Anyone who can move , dodge, shimmy and weave through traffic like he can deserves extended time in the senior team.
    Give it to him.

[QUOTE=Blood Fever;777223]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post

Is be the new Troy Luff?
    There's only one Troy Luff

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    That Roar article was very interesting, saying Clarke applied a forward half only tag to Gaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Anyone who can move , dodge, shimmy and weave through traffic like he can deserves extended time in the senior team.
    Give it to him.
    I agree with giving Rose a run at it. But the timing of the bye and seasoned senior players coming back into the team could be the end of his chances.

Rose has to be given more time in the seniors. It's this season or nothing for him so it's make or break time. We aren't winning the premiership so try him and see how he goes.

He is definitely a fringe player and one poor game away from being dropped. But I give home a gold star for persistence.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It is funny how the injuries actually demonstrated what he can do. I realise everyone is worshipping Horse at the moment but I have always believed he does not place faith in giving the young pups a decent run in the positions they play in the NEAFL early on. I wasn't a rose fan until the weekend when he muffed the agressive central kick (which we all decry there is not enough of) but then ran like a manic to spoil at half back, he won me over with that piece of play, well done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12