Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 10 vs. Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Naismith had one game against Richmond which we lost. Subbed out in the last quarter, Maric killed it as you'd probably expect
    He had a long, long way to go.
    I assume nankervis is further back.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He had a long, long way to go.
    I assume nankervis is further back.
    Actually if you remember back to the second half of last year Nankervis was emergency a number of times. There was even a game, against the Bulldogs IIRC, that Pyke was under a heavy injury cloud and looked like Nankervis was going to debut but Pyke eventually played.

It's a little different this year with Derickx in the ressies (Tom played most of the first half last year in the seniors and injured for the second half) - it has meant that Naismith and Derickx has split the main ruck duties while Nankervis has spent most of his time as a forward with some ruck duties in the forward 50

I think don't buy into the argument that Nankervis can't be a number 1 ruckman. He's the same height as Mummy and plays a little like him too with his tackling around the stoppages (Naismith is also good in this area)

K Jack ended the game with a heavily strapped calf. They may not want to risk playing both McVeigh and Jack in the same game, so maybe.....

OUT : K Jack

IN : Lloyd

Sub : Cunningham

If Grundy is fit, that creates a bit of a selection conundrum on who he replaces. Probably....

OUT : Jack n Jack (Garry wont be happy)

IN : Lloyd, Grundy
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Based on the Carlton game

Out: Shaw, B.Jack
    In: Lloyd, Grundy

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    The criticism of Cunningham on here is way over the top. He's an outside player, it's what he's in the side for. We don't need someone with his pace and footskill being on the bottom of the packs where he can't use his strengths. I agree that he needs to find more of the ball but that will come as he builds gametime and confidence. Brandon is definitely harder at the ball and the man but the last thing we need in our team at the moment is a bloke that continually butcher's the ball.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Despite a couple of horrible turnovers, Rhyce played pretty well on Friday night. He has the potential to cost us in a big game somewhere along the way though.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Despite a couple of horrible turnovers, Rhyce played pretty well on Friday night. He has the potential to cost us in a big game somewhere along the way though.
    He already has cost us this season - Doggies game is one example (although he was not the only offender in that game in the back 6).

It will hurt us when it counts though if we don't cut out the silly errrors of all of the back 6 (they've all been guilt at different times). I don't see an obvious replacement for Shaw at this stage, although I'd like to see Jones given a go in the seniors at the appropriate time, to see if he can cement a spot in the team - which may very well be at the expense of Shaw.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He already has cost us this season - Doggies game is one example (although he was not the only offender in that game in the back 6).

It will hurt us when it counts though if we don't cut out the silly errrors of all of the back 6 (they've all been guilt at different times). I don't see an obvious replacement for Shaw at this stage, although I'd like to see Jones given a go in the seniors at the appropriate time, to see if he can cement a spot in the team - which may very well be at the expense of Shaw.
    I've been hearing the complaints against Shaw so watched him closely during the replay. Yes he did one silly move when punching the ball towards the goal square but the rest of his game was pretty strong. It's unlikely he will be dropped on form - and when he's playing so much better than Dane - especially if Reg is under an injury cloud.

Unless essential it may be unwise to diss the Gold Coast to drop both our captains. GC didn't pay too badly at the start of the Hawks game but that may be that the Hawks were tired after playing us, even though they had an extra day of rest. And good to hear Lewis and others were "sore" after our game. Last week explains some of our slackness in the Blues game.

But how would you feel if you were a Blues supporter - the team can play at AFL level but wouldn't for Mick?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I have been a Pyke fan but even I would like to see if a change in ruck results in a change in clearances. The Suns have a few good mids who will probably do a Carlton this week unless something changes. I am happy to see any of Naismith, Nankervis or even TomD to be given a run this week.
    I did notice towards to end of the third quarter (?) that Pyke hit it a bit harder a couple of times which allowed Hanners to get a brief first touch. He then went back to soft taps.

Rampe is probably no longer a surprise for opposition teams and his weaknesses may have been worked out. He now has to work on those weaknesses.

Cunningham: I keep waiting for him to come good this year, but I haven't seen it yet. I don't get to games, but I haven't noticed the hard running into space that typified Harry's game last year. Maybe he is given a different role this year?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    I think it's Mike Pykes 100 this week ... hate to see him dropped before that special occasion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I think it's Mike Pykes 100 this week ... hate to see him dropped before that special occasion.
    Quite correct.
    It is his 100th game next game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Quite correct.
    It is his 100th game next game.
    No prob. Pyke can play his 100th a week later against Goldstein

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast