Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 10 vs. Gold Coast Suns

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    No prob. Pyke can play his 100th a week later against Goldstein
    Ain't gonna happen unless he's injured.

Pyke is a quick learner so I guess that what he's doing is what he's been told to do. If his role was to punch the ball forward as far as he could, I'm sure he'd do that. I can only guess that the coaches have a whole-of-season plan and, as we are winning right now, we don't need to win all over the field. The drop in clearance has been as much a result of Joey not getting any clear possession as it is Mike's hitouts.

Shaw scored quite high in the fantasy points thing. 103. Ahead of Kieran jack and co.

Can we stop this pyke talk . He is sooo far ahead of our next best Ruckman is not funny.

Just watched this afternoon's media conference with Longmire. There's no way Pyke will be dropped this week. And again (following Longmire's post match conference) he is glowing in his praise of Robinson (well, glowing compared to Longmire's normal 'I'm-giving-you-nothing' style). I think Dan has a good chance of staying in the 22.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Shaw scored quite high in the fantasy points thing. 103. Ahead of Kieran jack and co.

Can we stop this pyke talk . He is sooo far ahead of our next best Ruckman is not funny.
    This Pyke talk is the purpose of this forum. For us all to share our opinions and mostly be proven wrong on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    The criticism of Cunningham on here is way over the top. He's an outside player, it's what he's in the side for. We don't need someone with his pace and footskill being on the bottom of the packs where he can't use his strengths. I agree that he needs to find more of the ball but that will come as he builds gametime and confidence. Brandon is definitely harder at the ball and the man but the last thing we need in our team at the moment is a bloke that continually butcher's the ball.
    My problem with Cunningham is not that he's an outside player, it's that he's butchering the ball, and not getting enough of it (as outside receives) to be able to do that. I'd love to see his tackle numbers, because I doubt they've been that impressive, either. In particular his goal kicking this year is atrocious and if he's going to be in a a small forward, he needs to take those opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He [Naismith] had a long, long way to go.
    This. From the Richmond game last year I didn't see much to get excited about, but every week this year (and last), people seem to be pumping up Naismith. Does he really play that much better in the ressies than we saw in that game? (It was only one game and in the wet, after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    My problem with Cunningham is not that he's an outside player, it's that he's butchering the ball, and not getting enough of it (as outside receives) to be able to do that. I'd love to see his tackle numbers, because I doubt they've been that impressive, either. In particular his goal kicking this year is atrocious and if he's going to be in a a small forward, he needs to take those opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

This. From the Richmond game last year I didn't see much to get excited about, but every week this year (and last), people seem to be pumping up Naismith. Does he really play that much better in the ressies than we saw in that game? (It was only one game and in the wet, after all).
    Beerman, any ressies watcher will suggest he is progressing well. You must also remember he was taking on maric, who at that stage was in superb force - he is a seasoned, high quality ruckman and it showed that day.

How that translates into senior performance is another thing. I'd like to see him get a couple of games in the seniors this year - but only later on in the season, if we are in a position to rest players running into finals (Which if our form holds up, we may be able to do in our last couple vs St Kilda and Gold Coast) - I don't think he is at a level yet that he is ready for seniors footy, week in week out.

Ugg is a far better judge of younger players than I ever will be, but I think he will make it. With further progress this season and a good pre-season, I really do think he will be challenging Pyke for his role in the team at the start of next season. He is a good mark, good below the knees, decent kick for goals, and his tap work in the ruck continues to improve. There is a lot to like about him, and it'll surprise me if he doesn't make it as an AFL footballer (Barring injuries and the like of course).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Wonder if this means we will see Mal playing against us next week.
    "State league affiliate: Gold Coast (NEAFL)

Defender Clay Cameron, tall Peter Wright, rookie Greg Broughton, experienced defender Nick Malceski and ruckman Zac Smith were named among the Suns' best in their heavy 74-point defeat."

I see in the same report that "academy selection Abe David" was in the best for us in the NEAFL. Hehe!

Around the state leagues: How did your club's players fare in the weekend's second tier? - M.afl.com.au

Let's just beat em comfortably! That's all I ask.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Wonder if this means we will see Mal playing against us next week.
    "State league affiliate: Gold Coast (NEAFL)

Defender Clay Cameron, tall Peter Wright, rookie Greg Broughton, experienced defender Nick Malceski and ruckman Zac Smith were named among the Suns' best in their heavy 74-point defeat."

I see in the same report that "academy selection Abe David" was in the best for us in the NEAFL. Hehe!

Around the state leagues: How did your club's players fare in the weekend's second tier? - M.afl.com.au
    Mal only played 2 and a half quarters, I would think he would require at least another week if not 2 in the NEAFL. He'll still be playing 'us' regardless

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Who would have thought at this stage last year that Bird and Mal would be playing against each other in a NEAFL curtain raiser.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, if a desperate Coach Eade rushes Mal back into the seniors.

In the hope that playing against his old side will give him the necessary lift for a big game.

He also has the advantage of knowing our players and game style intimately.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Be in our favour if an under done Mal is rushed back.

Wasn't in good touch before the hammy, had a long break and now less than 3/4 of a NEAFL game under his belt, selection would smack of desperation.

With all the Suns missing, wonder if we might give Reg another week off just to be sure he is fit for the bigger North fwds the following week.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast