Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 10 vs. Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    A Bird in the stands, gives Mitchell a push
    Very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    A nice theory which would have more validity if Hewett or Jones were named as an emergency

I'm talking about a situation where one of our inside mids is ruled out before Saturday. Wouldn't you prefer Bird coming in rather than one of the three named emergencies.
    Thought you were talking about Bird's status in general. I couldn't imagine you would be concerned about this game. I think we can go into this game without emergencies and play a man or 2 short if need be. GC are nearly playing a reserves side against us. Complacency will be our biggest challenge.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Thought you were talking about Bird's status in general. I couldn't imagine you would be concerned about this game. I think we can go into this game without emergencies and play a man or 2 short if need be. GC are nearly playing a reserves side against us. Complacency will be our biggest challenge.
    You're right, the opponent here is almost irrelevant. Talking purely about Bird's place in the Swans pecking order, he is at least behind the 25 named plus McGlynn.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Much like last week another lose-lose game from a fan perspective here. Close game will leave us annoyed, comfortable drubbing will leave us bored. Would have liked to have seen Malceski running around for GC for old time's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Much like last week another lose-lose game from a fan perspective here. Close game will leave us annoyed, comfortable drubbing will leave us bored. Would have liked to have seen Malceski running around for GC for old time's sake.
    I'd take a Swans winning drubbing all day, every day.
    I periodically love to watch their 1987 consecutive demolition games against the Weagles, Bombers & Tigers.

We should make another 5 changes to make the game a little more interesting. Seriously.

In: Aliir, Davis, Hewett, Nankervis, Marsh
    Out: Tippett, Goodes, Shaw, Grundy, McVeigh

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We should make another 5 changes to make the game a little more interesting. Seriously.

In: Aliir, Davis, Hewett, Nankervis, Marsh
    Out: Tippett, Goodes, Shaw, Grundy, McVeigh
    Sounds like fun!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Naismith hasn't been named in the Reserves. I wonder what is happening with him? There was no talk of injury and nothing on the Swans website. Maybe he got a twinge at training or just maybe the doc is worried about Reg and will give him a fitness test either tonight or before the game. Could be interesting if big Sammy did play. He would be second ruck and that would leave Tip to play forward for a whole game.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Naismith hasn't been named in the Reserves. I wonder what is happening with him? There was no talk of injury and nothing on the Swans website. Maybe he got a twinge at training or just maybe the doc is worried about Reg and will give him a fitness test either tonight or before the game. Could be interesting if big Sammy did play. He would be second ruck and that would leave Tip to play forward for a whole game.
    In the unlikely event that Sammy played, I'd assume he would be rotated through Ruck/FF like the other two.

But I don't think it will happen.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    and our weekend is off to a great start with Freo getting beat last night, now for a % boosting win today ...... please. Just hope Eade isn't too negative making it an ugly scrappy scraggy game

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    and our weekend is off to a great start with Freo getting beat last night,
    I don't know if last nights game really helps us. The Tiggers finding form doesn't bode well for us as they have been a bit of a bogey team for us over the last few years, and we have to play them in three games.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast