Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox Footy's Round Table - Tuesday 8.30 p.m

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Gerard's well spoken but he's essentially as soft as butter. He's only critical when it's popular opinion or something he won't be pulled up on.

The floor will be Eddie's. I'm not sure I can be bothered with it.
    Disagree strongly. Whateley is about as good as it gets from AFL media/commentators. Balanced, fair and to the point when he needs to be.

Aside form other issues that may or may not arise during this televised forum, there are some questions that need to be asked about Sydney and I expect him to ask them, thereby giving Pridham a good medium to defend our position on the moral high ground against the broad, unwashed majority and to lobby third party support in our battles against the hammer of AFL injustices.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He gave Hird a good grilling a few weeks ago
    Exactly what I meant. The whole world is/was against Hird. Easy pickings.

He's an intelligent man, so he's got panels on most of them. No argument there.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

It is prerecorded I heard Peter Gordon talking about it last week
    Last edited by Robtorq; 1st June 2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Not complete

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I just hope Andrew doesn't get ambushed. Not sure which side Kochy sits, but the ambulance chaser is firmly in Eddie's camp/pocket, so it may get a bit uneasy for him.

Gerard has been a bit antsy on Sydney since we towelled up his beloved Cats last year, so I'm not expecting any real favours from him, even moreso given Eddie is a Fox stooge to boot...
    Watch his interview with Hird. Kochy does understand that it's a national game so I suspect him to be fairly balanced. Peter Gordon is the interesting one for me.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    So does Eddie wear his Fox Footy employee's hat or his Collingwood president's hat?

Should be a very interesting hour. Gerard Whateley is bound to keep a good handle on things too.
    Wear the fox hat?

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Just saw a little ad for the Round Table discussion with Kochie totally opposite to fat Eddie regarding TV rights. Suprised Eddie says that the most important is Victoria but Kochie says no Eddie your totally wrong, its NSW and Queensland. Just a teaser!

Goes up to 11
    Eddie is making a fool of himself so far. Blathering away, he's lost his cool, whilst the other three are remaining calm and well spoken. Plenty of holes picked in his flimsy arguments by the other three, plus Whateley, at this stage.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Andrew Pridham did a very good job and didn't accept crap. Fat Eddie talked all about Victoria and the" big clubs" and need big dollars with Carlton and Essendon playing well. Eddie stll believes that the VFL is the centre of Australia, if not the whole world. But Andrew and Kochie were thinking the same thing and the fact that 52% of Australia population lives in NSW and Queensland and if it fails then so will AFL. Very interesting show but get someone else instead off Eddie so the other guests get a intelligent perspective.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Kochie brilliantly put the challenge in Sydney/NSW in perspective. Left old triple chin looking like a dribbler

Pushing for Selection
    Eddie proved that he just doesn't get it, or at best, he just doesn't care. The key moment for me when Pridham and Koch were trying to explain that equalisation can never occur equally to all clubs. They conceded that teams like Collingwood will always receive a great fixture (with only 5 games maximum away from Melbourne) that they get a greater share of the better tv time slots, and will always play a grand final at home but that was fine as each club has its own advantages.
    Pridham was attempting to explain to Eddie that this was why it was fair for Sydney to have things like the academies as it helps the club grow the market and playing stocks, that they were in fact vital for the AFL as a whole and just when you think Eddie might be listening he says, "You've convinced me, I think all clubs should have academies", totally missing the point they were trying to explain. Eddie's argument was basically, if your club has an advantage, then that is unfair and his club should have it too but any advantage Collingwood has is just to be accepted as unchangeable. (Pridham also stressed that it is too early to tell if the academies are even advantages at all as the clubs has spent millions of dollars so far for a return of 22 games for the club but that growing the game was the real winner from the academies and all clubs will benefit in the end)
    Last edited by lorakf; 3rd June 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Eddie makes a lot of sense on a lot of topics.
    But when the word "Collingwood" comes up his eyes glaze over, mouth seizes up and his asshole starts talking.

Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    Eddie proved that he just doesn't get it, or at best, he just doesn't care.
    This is one of the main things I took away from it too. When Kochie and Pridham were stressing the need to increase the overall revenue pie, Eddie would keep returning to his own slice of the revenue. He only cares about the best interests/future of the game when it doesn't affect Collingwood. He was going on about Melbourne Victory's membership numbers for a bit, but he didn't see the overall picture. There are only two Victorian based Soccer teams, and I bet you'd find that Melbourne Victory members are also AFL club members. Soccer has long overtaken AFL in popularity in QLD and NSW; the kids would much rather play Soccer or Rugby before AFL. Without the Academies, AFL won't be getting the first choice talent from the North-East.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast