Thread: Michael O'Loughlin inducted into Hall of Fame

Michael O'Loughlin inducted into Hall of Fame

A big congratulations to Magic on this incredible honour!!

I will always remember his debut fondly. For those who don't know what happened, Round 5, 1995 against Adelaide at the SCG.

Score at 3/4 time was Crows 86, Swans 69.

We exploded scoring 11.9 to 0.1 in the final term to win by 57 points.

There are plenty more memories I have of him. Feel free to share your own here.

Special day, special player, special person

Thoroughly deserved . He's an awesome success story at Sydney .
    Spoke so eloquently about his time at The Swans and still looks in excellent shape.
    Well done Michael .

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Wonderful player to watch and on my personal list of favourite players. A most deserving nomination.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Very funny self-deprecating yarn from MickeyO:

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Geez I love MickyO.
    Every time I see him (whether in town or after a game), he always, always, always stops for a hug, kiss and quick chat.
    I am privileged to have seen him play every game.
    I am privileged to have seen him grow from a scared little skinny kid, into the great man he is today.

Love you Micky!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List
    My memory is not a good one. That hammy in the final round of 2003. Happened right in front of me, and I swear I heard it snap. I reckon we would have gone all the way with Mick in the team that year.

At Micky O's last game I had my granddaughter with me (she was not necessarily an AFL fan only having been to a few games with myself and her mother) and would have been about 10 at the time.

She was in tears as he did his lap of honour and then chaired off the ground, and then walking from the ground he came on the big screen and away she went again. Goes to show he had an impact.

Yes, great achievement for Micky O. Class on and off the ground.
    Though probably my strongest on field memory of him, was his high paced, flashing across the ground, leading and marking in the 2005 Grand Final. Of course, that might be because that's the Swans game that I've watched the most? I mean, even after over 40 replays, that final quarter was still more exciting than any of the cricket played during that off season.