Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Metricon

Watched the game Rose and Newman looked like players of the future,really watched Alair and thought he wont make it seems like a player with very little footy nous ,and even less confidence ! Xavier Richards did seem to voice in the back-line but didn't take kick-outs left it to Newman ?

Perhaps Rose and Newman should come in next week!?!?

Veterans List
    Watched the whole game, quite a battle for most of it with the strong wind making kicking difficult. First time I've seen the ressies in ages so good to actually see them for myself.

Hewett showed real class, can find the ball and dish it out, always in good positions, good disposal skills I thought. Looks AFL ready to me.

Rose, I'm on his bandwagon, he is just what we need in the forward line. He's composed, great evasive skills, can take a grab and can smell a goal. Think we've got a keeper there.

Bird just went about it like we know he can although got caught HTB a couple of times.

Newman looks very good as well, a good pick up.

Spoke to the ruck whisperer pre game, Naismith is nursing a bit of a groin. Seems confident Sam is the real deal, just needs a full pre season.

From the general vibe of Ressies watchers the feeling seems to be that Rose, Hewett and Jones are ready to be given a senior opportunity at some stage this season.

As always it is who to drop that is the issue and it may be 2016 that they really get there chances. I can see both Goodes and Shaw retiring at season end which will open up at least two spots

Rampe a certainty to be back in ressies next wk

Senior Player
    32 possessions and 12 marks, 1 mis-kick. Big call!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Needs to get a haircut, can't see 203cm Suns players standing half way between him and his intended target. Call me old fashioned but in all honesty, you can't spend half your game flicking hair out of your eyes.

You are an AFL player first Rampe, a fag smoking chick magnet with a stupid haircut second - cut it!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Needs to get a haircut, can't see 203cm Suns players standing half way between him and his intended target. Call me old fashioned but in all honesty, you can't spend half your game flicking hair out of your eyes.

You are an AFL player first Rampe, a fag smoking chick magnet with a stupid haircut second - cut it!
    In MY day. ..
    I'm not too sure what a haircut has to do with a shank. I'm pretty sure i saw Shaw shank the ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

He does seem a tool doesn't he?

I'm just not sure he has done quite enough to be dropped yet, he is just hanging in there. Our back six is very very settled (how unassuming is Smith, just an absolute legend) so I guess they'd rightly be loathe to change it

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    In MY day. ..
    I'm not too sure what a haircut has to do with a shank. I'm pretty sure i saw Shaw shank the ball as well.
    Having said that. I'm pretty sure he made redemption for it afterwards.

Veterans List
    DT Points
    Hanners 133
    Macca 131
    Mitchell 131
    Rampe 126
    Jetta 123
    . . .
    Shaw 90
    Jack 84
    Franklin 77
    Kennedy 60

So it seems like there's a few to be dropped before Shaw and Rampe. But agree re both their hair styles (well Shaw historically).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast