Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Round 10 Swans vs. Suns

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    The only thing surer than the Swans grinding out a solid 50 pt win against inferior opposition instead of winning by 100 pts is the same old RWO posters will be here going spare and calling it the worst ever.

I'll just put my red nose and big shoes back on Gary and head back to the circus...
    The most sensible comment in a pile of abuse and frustration.

I was appalled also at some of the basic errors we saw tonight, but the team looked as if they were in second gear most of the time, with occasional shifts up to overdrive. One of the best of those ended up in the forward 50 with a relatively easy shot on goal coming up, only to be reversed by the umpire with a kick to the Suns. Heaven only knows why. On the few other occasions we looked like champs, but these were few and far between.

Yes, we should have played for a better percentage, but it looked almost as if they would be embarrassed to win by a huge margin. It was frustrating to watch the dropped ball by us and then see a Sun take a clean mark (they beat us in marks). And I think there is a risk of underestimating the intensity of the Suns' defence - they were in our face all night, so credit to a bunch of kids taking on one of the best midfields in the league.

I'm no expert on the rules but some of the umpires' decisions tonight utterly bamboozled me, and I think you could see the players' puzzlement.

Finally I agree with the poster who pointed out that four points and no injuries is not a bad outcome. I'm sure the intensity will go up a couple of notches next week.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Cheer up you lot. Essendon just played about the worst first half of footy I've ever watched. And it was under the closed roof at Etihad so no rain, dew or wind.

Veterans List
    Lordy that was awful - indeed unwatchable, I turned it over to "Muppets Most Wanted".

I get that it must be hard to keep the intensity up the whole season, but doesn't it then make sense to give some others a try from time to time. YOu'd think it would irk the likes of Hanners, as we were clearly outworked the second half.

Let's hope it's just some mid-season blues. But we need some form from Tippett and Rohan, but really struggling at the moment. And I really don't think I can watch another week of Mitchell getting 30 possessions where 20 of them are 1m handballs to a bloke standing still under pressure.

Would like to get or worked up but can't find the energy.

Swans win. That's all I need to know.

#goswans

Sure it wasn't pretty but really is so much angst & vitriol warranted?!! I'd be pissed off if we lost. We didn't. So I'm happy. Give the blokes a break
    or alternatively get out there and do better yourselves. Moving on!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Cheer up you lot. Essendon just played about the worst first half of footy I've ever watched. And it was under the closed roof at Etihad so no rain, dew or wind.
    That was a most enjoyable performance by the Bombers tonight.

Could the most delicious sting in the Hird-Essendon saga be about to unfold where it becomes blatantly apparent that the Golden Boy cannot actually coach This is just getting better by the week....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsimmo View Post
    Goodesy your show boating in 2012 gf cost us & yet you persist. Get over it & play your age not your ego. Rampe get the hair out of your eyes & you might see dangers. Tippett the million dollar dud. In a word no balls & you will lose your fans.
    Didn't Goodesy have a reasonable game on a busted knee that day

Didn't we win the flag in 2012

Or am I missing the sarcasm here

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsimmo View Post
    Goodesy your show boating in 2012 gf cost us & yet you persist. Get over it & play your age not your ego. Rampe get the hair out of your eyes & you might see dangers. Tippett the million dollar dud. In a word no balls & you will lose your fans.
    Always appreciate someone showboating his intellect.

Oh, by the way:

1. It's you're, not your
    2. danger, not dangers
    3. and no balls are 2 words not a word

The only thing surer than the Swans grinding out a solid 50 pt win against inferior opposition instead of winning by 100 pts is the same old RWO posters will be here going spare and calling it the worst ever.
    Yep, and our skills going to pot as soon as it starts raining.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I took away 2 things from the game.

1. I pray for dry finals. Swans in the wet suck.
    2. Our missing killer instinct is still missing.

Overall a win by 52 points is great, but I don't think the Suns put up quite the fight the commentators were rambling on about. Seemed more about a bit of complacency at times by the Swans.
    The best way to think of it is 4 points, reasonable percentage and no injuries.

Hanners was great.
    McVeigh good, but still frustrates the hell out of me at times with stupid errors.
    Rampe was better than I recent weeks.
    Robinson was unlucky not to get a full game after last week.
    Reid continues his roller coaster - still say he's not backman material.
    Laidler is becoming one of my favorite players - strong, determined and doesn't seem to make a lot of errors.

I also see problems with our forward entries, given the players we have up there and the lack of marks.
    Not sure if it's the players not making good enough position, or the way the ball is getting out of the centre square not suiting good leads etc.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Pretty awful game similar to the Carlton one. We got in front early and held them off to bank 4 points. Not sure what the problem is as I don't think the flag is awarded to the team that flogs the bottom teams in the first half of the season.

We've seen against port and the hawks that we'll bring the noise when required.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I'll just put my red nose and big shoes back on Gary and head back to the circus...
    I'm with you Trips - not the end of the world - a wins a win!!

Tippet kicks 3 goals.... still gets called a dud. I don't understand isn't that what he is paid for?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast